James Franco Denies He's Gay
"Spider-Man" villain James Franco has taken to the pages of one of the world's leading gay magazines to end speculation about his sexuality. The actor, who played gay activist Scott Smith in "Milk", tells The Advocate he's not a homosexual, despite reports to the contrary, in a revealing new article.
He tells the publication, "Some people think I'm gay because I've played these gay roles... but it's not true... I'm not gay. I'd tell you if I was. I guess the reason I wouldn't is because I'd be worried that it would hurt my career. I suppose that's the reason one wouldn't do that... But no, that wouldn't be something that would deter me. I'm going to do projects that I want to do."
Franco is also keen to clear up rumors suggesting he's "a stoner" - thanks to his drug-seller role in "Pineapple Express". He adds, "Everyone thinks I'm a stoner... (but) I don't smoke pot."
More James Franco News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby