James Franco Denies He's Gay
"Spider-Man" villain James Franco has taken to the pages of one of the world's leading gay magazines to end speculation about his sexuality. The actor, who played gay activist Scott Smith in "Milk", tells The Advocate he's not a homosexual, despite reports to the contrary, in a revealing new article.
He tells the publication, "Some people think I'm gay because I've played these gay roles... but it's not true... I'm not gay. I'd tell you if I was. I guess the reason I wouldn't is because I'd be worried that it would hurt my career. I suppose that's the reason one wouldn't do that... But no, that wouldn't be something that would deter me. I'm going to do projects that I want to do."
Franco is also keen to clear up rumors suggesting he's "a stoner" - thanks to his drug-seller role in "Pineapple Express". He adds, "Everyone thinks I'm a stoner... (but) I don't smoke pot."
- Kourtney Kardashian Shares Videos of Skinny-Dipping Session and Wild Twerking
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott 'Definitely Looked Like a Couple' at NBA Game
- Aaron Hernandez Asked to Share Prison Cell With Alleged Gay Lover
- 'Jurassic Park' Alum Jeff Goldblum Joins 'Jurassic World 2'
- 'The Voice' Live Top 12 Eliminations: Who Is the First to Get Sent Home?
- Justin Bieber Is Featured on DJ Khaled's Star-Studded Single 'I'm the One'
- Nicki Minaj's Getting Trolled for Blonde Bob Wig: 'I'm Tired of Being Bullied'
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts