James Franco Denies He's Gay
"Spider-Man" villain James Franco has taken to the pages of one of the world's leading gay magazines to end speculation about his sexuality. The actor, who played gay activist Scott Smith in "Milk", tells The Advocate he's not a homosexual, despite reports to the contrary, in a revealing new article.
He tells the publication, "Some people think I'm gay because I've played these gay roles... but it's not true... I'm not gay. I'd tell you if I was. I guess the reason I wouldn't is because I'd be worried that it would hurt my career. I suppose that's the reason one wouldn't do that... But no, that wouldn't be something that would deter me. I'm going to do projects that I want to do."
Franco is also keen to clear up rumors suggesting he's "a stoner" - thanks to his drug-seller role in "Pineapple Express". He adds, "Everyone thinks I'm a stoner... (but) I don't smoke pot."
More James Franco News
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'
- Anna Kendrick: 'I'd Be Terrible at Being Like Taylor Swift'
- This Is Your First Look at Gillian Anderson on 'American Gods'
- Tyga Caught With Mystery Blonde Following Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Demi Lovato Flaunts Her Naked Butt in Promotional Images for 'Body Say'
- Jonah Hill and Miles Teller Are Pro Money in New 'War Dogs' Trailer