James Franco Denies He's Gay
"Spider-Man" villain James Franco has taken to the pages of one of the world's leading gay magazines to end speculation about his sexuality. The actor, who played gay activist Scott Smith in "Milk", tells The Advocate he's not a homosexual, despite reports to the contrary, in a revealing new article.
He tells the publication, "Some people think I'm gay because I've played these gay roles... but it's not true... I'm not gay. I'd tell you if I was. I guess the reason I wouldn't is because I'd be worried that it would hurt my career. I suppose that's the reason one wouldn't do that... But no, that wouldn't be something that would deter me. I'm going to do projects that I want to do."
Franco is also keen to clear up rumors suggesting he's "a stoner" - thanks to his drug-seller role in "Pineapple Express". He adds, "Everyone thinks I'm a stoner... (but) I don't smoke pot."
More James Franco News
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective