Donald Trump to Buy Muslim Community Site Near Ground Zero
Property tycoon-turned reality TV star Donald Trump has offered to end the controversy surrounding plans to build a new Islamic community center close to Ground Zero in New York - by buying the site himself.
Religious leaders have upset the families of those killed in the 9/11 terrorist attacks in 2001 by announcing plans to build a hostel just streets away from where the Twin Towers crumbled nine years ago - after Muslim extremists flew two planes into the high rise buildings.
The row over whether or not the Muslim group should be allowed to start a new home so close to the site of the tragedy has rumbled on for months and now Trump has offered to put an end to it. He wants to buy the lower Manhattan site - and he'll pay 25 per cent more than what the current owners paid for it.
More Donald Trump News
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot
- Beyonce Remembers Aaliyah 15 Years Later With Sweet Throwback Video
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Kills Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'