Donald Trump to Buy Muslim Community Site Near Ground Zero
Property tycoon-turned reality TV star Donald Trump has offered to end the controversy surrounding plans to build a new Islamic community center close to Ground Zero in New York - by buying the site himself.
Religious leaders have upset the families of those killed in the 9/11 terrorist attacks in 2001 by announcing plans to build a hostel just streets away from where the Twin Towers crumbled nine years ago - after Muslim extremists flew two planes into the high rise buildings.
The row over whether or not the Muslim group should be allowed to start a new home so close to the site of the tragedy has rumbled on for months and now Trump has offered to put an end to it. He wants to buy the lower Manhattan site - and he'll pay 25 per cent more than what the current owners paid for it.
More Donald Trump News
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order
- Han Solo Movie Offers First Picture of Cast Members in Millennium Falcon
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle