Donald Trump to Buy Muslim Community Site Near Ground Zero
Property tycoon-turned reality TV star Donald Trump has offered to end the controversy surrounding plans to build a new Islamic community center close to Ground Zero in New York - by buying the site himself.
Religious leaders have upset the families of those killed in the 9/11 terrorist attacks in 2001 by announcing plans to build a hostel just streets away from where the Twin Towers crumbled nine years ago - after Muslim extremists flew two planes into the high rise buildings.
The row over whether or not the Muslim group should be allowed to start a new home so close to the site of the tragedy has rumbled on for months and now Trump has offered to put an end to it. He wants to buy the lower Manhattan site - and he'll pay 25 per cent more than what the current owners paid for it.
More Donald Trump News
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch