Robert De Niro Sued for Improper Firing
Robert De Niro has been hit with a lawsuit for wrongful dismissal from the former manager of his New York estate. Michael Thompson has filed suit in Manhattan federal court, claiming De Niro promised him a "lengthy period of employment" before he took on the job in November 2007.
According to court documents obtained by the New York Post, Thompson claims he was fired after two years after one of De Niro's employees spread false allegations about him throughout the "domestic estate-management field", accusing him of missing shifts and taking bribes from vendors, costing him other work.
Members of the trust company that owns De Niro's 235-acre Ulster County estate in upstate New York have also been named in the suit, alleging breach of contract and defamation. Thompson is seeking unspecified damages in the case.
More Robert De Niro News
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'