Robert De Niro Sued for Improper Firing
Robert De Niro has been hit with a lawsuit for wrongful dismissal from the former manager of his New York estate. Michael Thompson has filed suit in Manhattan federal court, claiming De Niro promised him a "lengthy period of employment" before he took on the job in November 2007.
According to court documents obtained by the New York Post, Thompson claims he was fired after two years after one of De Niro's employees spread false allegations about him throughout the "domestic estate-management field", accusing him of missing shifts and taking bribes from vendors, costing him other work.
Members of the trust company that owns De Niro's 235-acre Ulster County estate in upstate New York have also been named in the suit, alleging breach of contract and defamation. Thompson is seeking unspecified damages in the case.
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game
- What Bad Blood? Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift Reunite at Secret Meeting After Months Apart
- DJ Khaled May Be Working on New Music With Alicia Keys, Justin Bieber and Chance the Rapper