Robert De Niro Sued for Improper Firing
Robert De Niro has been hit with a lawsuit for wrongful dismissal from the former manager of his New York estate. Michael Thompson has filed suit in Manhattan federal court, claiming De Niro promised him a "lengthy period of employment" before he took on the job in November 2007.
According to court documents obtained by the New York Post, Thompson claims he was fired after two years after one of De Niro's employees spread false allegations about him throughout the "domestic estate-management field", accusing him of missing shifts and taking bribes from vendors, costing him other work.
Members of the trust company that owns De Niro's 235-acre Ulster County estate in upstate New York have also been named in the suit, alleging breach of contract and defamation. Thompson is seeking unspecified damages in the case.
More Robert De Niro News
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'