Lady GaGa Accused of Copying Former Collaborator
The mother of a promising young singer who committed suicide has accused Lady GaGa of stealing her daughter's eccentric performing style after the pair collaborated in 2007. Lina Morgana co-wrote several songs with the "Poker Face" hitmaker before she became Lady GaGa and shot to fame in late 2008.
The pair was introduced by GaGa's former mentor and ex-boyfriend Rob Fusari, who wanted the star - real name Stefani Germanotta - to come up with tracks Morgana could use on her debut solo album. The youngster took her own life at the age of 19 in October 2008 by jumping from a 10-storey building, and now her mother Yana is calling on GaGa to recognize that Morgana helped create the image which has propelled her to superstardom.
Yana tells the New York Post, "I'm doing this because I want to keep her spirit alive. Lady GaGa is holding Lina's soul and I want her soul to be free. Every other word she says is from Lina. She talks about having a dark and tragic life, but she had everything she wanted in the world. She went to (the same) high school as Nicky Hilton, her parents were rich. But Lina did have a tough life, and she often talked about her tragic life."
To back up her claims, Yana Morgana has released snaps of her late daughter wearing a latex bikini while sat at a piano, in reference to Lady GaGa's outlandish stagewear. She adds, "Lina had that style, GaGa had a different style. She changed dramatically overnight."
The New York Post claims the mother is seeking permission to release around a dozen songs Morgana recorded with GaGa, including a track named "Wunderland", which is currently available online.
More Lady GaGa News
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does