Britney Spears Reacts to Sexual Harassment Lawsuit
Britney Spears' publicist has responded to a sexual harassment case filed by the star's former bodyguard - dismissing the suit as a way for the former aide to "make a name for himself". In a shocking new lawsuit filed in Los Angeles on Wednesday, September 8, Fernando Flores accused the "Toxic" hitmaker of exposing herself and making sexual advances towards him while he worked for her.
Flores had previously claimed that Spears was a terrible parent to her two sons, alleging he once witnessed the star "savagely hit" her son Sean Preston with a belt. An investigation was launched after the bodyguard reported her to the Los Angeles Department of Children and Family Services earlier this year, but officials rejected the claims in July.
Now a rep for the superstar has taken to Spears' website to dismiss the latest lawsuit as nothing more than a publicity ploy by a disgruntled former employee. On the site, a statement reads, "This lawsuit is another unfortunate situation where someone is trying to take advantage of the Spears family and make a name for himself."
"The Department of Children and Family Services conducted a proper investigation surrounding Mr. Flores' accusations and have closed the case without any further action. Ms. Spears and her attorneys have every expectation that this matter will be dismissed by the courts."
More Britney Spears News
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia