Britney Spears Reacts to Sexual Harassment Lawsuit
Britney Spears' publicist has responded to a sexual harassment case filed by the star's former bodyguard - dismissing the suit as a way for the former aide to "make a name for himself". In a shocking new lawsuit filed in Los Angeles on Wednesday, September 8, Fernando Flores accused the "Toxic" hitmaker of exposing herself and making sexual advances towards him while he worked for her.
Flores had previously claimed that Spears was a terrible parent to her two sons, alleging he once witnessed the star "savagely hit" her son Sean Preston with a belt. An investigation was launched after the bodyguard reported her to the Los Angeles Department of Children and Family Services earlier this year, but officials rejected the claims in July.
Now a rep for the superstar has taken to Spears' website to dismiss the latest lawsuit as nothing more than a publicity ploy by a disgruntled former employee. On the site, a statement reads, "This lawsuit is another unfortunate situation where someone is trying to take advantage of the Spears family and make a name for himself."
"The Department of Children and Family Services conducted a proper investigation surrounding Mr. Flores' accusations and have closed the case without any further action. Ms. Spears and her attorneys have every expectation that this matter will be dismissed by the courts."
More Britney Spears News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics