Britney Spears Reacts to Sexual Harassment Lawsuit
Britney Spears' publicist has responded to a sexual harassment case filed by the star's former bodyguard - dismissing the suit as a way for the former aide to "make a name for himself". In a shocking new lawsuit filed in Los Angeles on Wednesday, September 8, Fernando Flores accused the "Toxic" hitmaker of exposing herself and making sexual advances towards him while he worked for her.
Flores had previously claimed that Spears was a terrible parent to her two sons, alleging he once witnessed the star "savagely hit" her son Sean Preston with a belt. An investigation was launched after the bodyguard reported her to the Los Angeles Department of Children and Family Services earlier this year, but officials rejected the claims in July.
Now a rep for the superstar has taken to Spears' website to dismiss the latest lawsuit as nothing more than a publicity ploy by a disgruntled former employee. On the site, a statement reads, "This lawsuit is another unfortunate situation where someone is trying to take advantage of the Spears family and make a name for himself."
"The Department of Children and Family Services conducted a proper investigation surrounding Mr. Flores' accusations and have closed the case without any further action. Ms. Spears and her attorneys have every expectation that this matter will be dismissed by the courts."
More Britney Spears News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris