Kevin Federline's Lawyer Defends Britney Spears in Abuse Case
Britney Spears is receiving support from her ex-husband over allegations she hit her young sons -Kevin Federline's lawyer has branded the accusations "baseless". The "Toxic" singer's former bodyguard Fernando Flores filed a lawsuit on Wednesday accusing her of making sexual advances towards him.
He also took aim at her parenting skills, alleging that on one occasion Spears "savagely hit" her son Sean Preston with Flores' belt and on another occasion fed both her young sons crab meat even though she knew they had serious seafood allergies.
Child authorities launched an investigation into Spears' parenting after Flores first reported her to the Los Angeles Department of Children and Family Services earlier this year. But in July they ruled in favor of the star, insisting there was "absolutely no truth" to the claims.
Now Federline, who is father to both Spears' boys - Sean Preston, four, and Jayden James, three - has accused Flores of trying to make money out of the new lawsuit. His attorney, Mark Vincent Kaplan, tells the Associated Press, "He (Federline) is satisfied that the allegations are a product of economic motives. They are as baseless as they seem... I think that the timing of this and the nature of the allegations speak for themselves."
Flores is seeking unspecified damages.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones