Released Early From Jail, Happy Mondays' Bez Wishes He Was Still in Prison
Happy Mondays star Bez has been released from prison after serving just two weeks of a month-long sentence. The British dancer/percussionist walked free from Strangeways detention center in Manchester, England on Wednesday, September 8, shouting "See you later, lads!"
And when asked if he was relieved to be out, he told reporters, "No, I wish I was still in there!" The rocker, real name Mark Berry, was jailed last month for assaulting his ex-girlfriend, Monica Ward, in a domestic dispute.
He stayed true to his hellraiser reputation when a judge sentenced him to community service, telling her "I'm not doing it. (I'm not) bothered. I'm going to appeal and take this to a real court." Bez was jailed for one month and was said to have cried out, "Victory is in my grasp!" as he was handcuffed and taken away to the cells.
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special
- Zendaya Calls Out 'Pervs' Who Say She's Masturbating on Her Wonderland Cover
- Rihanna Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress and Later Steps Out in Green Tutu Dress
- The Rock's New Action Flick 'Skyscraper' Acquired by Legendary
- Lindsay Lohan and Beau Egor Tarabasov Get Cozy During Movie Date in London
- Calvin Harris Cancels More Las Vegas Shows After Car Accident
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure