Released Early From Jail, Happy Mondays' Bez Wishes He Was Still in Prison
Happy Mondays star Bez has been released from prison after serving just two weeks of a month-long sentence. The British dancer/percussionist walked free from Strangeways detention center in Manchester, England on Wednesday, September 8, shouting "See you later, lads!"
And when asked if he was relieved to be out, he told reporters, "No, I wish I was still in there!" The rocker, real name Mark Berry, was jailed last month for assaulting his ex-girlfriend, Monica Ward, in a domestic dispute.
He stayed true to his hellraiser reputation when a judge sentenced him to community service, telling her "I'm not doing it. (I'm not) bothered. I'm going to appeal and take this to a real court." Bez was jailed for one month and was said to have cried out, "Victory is in my grasp!" as he was handcuffed and taken away to the cells.
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2