Released Early From Jail, Happy Mondays' Bez Wishes He Was Still in Prison
Happy Mondays star Bez has been released from prison after serving just two weeks of a month-long sentence. The British dancer/percussionist walked free from Strangeways detention center in Manchester, England on Wednesday, September 8, shouting "See you later, lads!"
And when asked if he was relieved to be out, he told reporters, "No, I wish I was still in there!" The rocker, real name Mark Berry, was jailed last month for assaulting his ex-girlfriend, Monica Ward, in a domestic dispute.
He stayed true to his hellraiser reputation when a judge sentenced him to community service, telling her "I'm not doing it. (I'm not) bothered. I'm going to appeal and take this to a real court." Bez was jailed for one month and was said to have cried out, "Victory is in my grasp!" as he was handcuffed and taken away to the cells.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger