Released Early From Jail, Happy Mondays' Bez Wishes He Was Still in Prison
Happy Mondays star Bez has been released from prison after serving just two weeks of a month-long sentence. The British dancer/percussionist walked free from Strangeways detention center in Manchester, England on Wednesday, September 8, shouting "See you later, lads!"
And when asked if he was relieved to be out, he told reporters, "No, I wish I was still in there!" The rocker, real name Mark Berry, was jailed last month for assaulting his ex-girlfriend, Monica Ward, in a domestic dispute.
He stayed true to his hellraiser reputation when a judge sentenced him to community service, telling her "I'm not doing it. (I'm not) bothered. I'm going to appeal and take this to a real court." Bez was jailed for one month and was said to have cried out, "Victory is in my grasp!" as he was handcuffed and taken away to the cells.
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill