Released Early From Jail, Happy Mondays' Bez Wishes He Was Still in Prison
Happy Mondays star Bez has been released from prison after serving just two weeks of a month-long sentence. The British dancer/percussionist walked free from Strangeways detention center in Manchester, England on Wednesday, September 8, shouting "See you later, lads!"
And when asked if he was relieved to be out, he told reporters, "No, I wish I was still in there!" The rocker, real name Mark Berry, was jailed last month for assaulting his ex-girlfriend, Monica Ward, in a domestic dispute.
He stayed true to his hellraiser reputation when a judge sentenced him to community service, telling her "I'm not doing it. (I'm not) bothered. I'm going to appeal and take this to a real court." Bez was jailed for one month and was said to have cried out, "Victory is in my grasp!" as he was handcuffed and taken away to the cells.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'