June 25, 2017  

Don Johnson Grateful After Granted Further $28 Million From 'Nash Bridges'

September 9, 2010 (8:52 am) GMT
'I feel a sense of vindication and sincere gratitude that both the jury and Judge Stern continue to agree with me,' the actor says after the judges rule that he is due the money in interest.
Don Johnson

has spoken of his "sense of vindication" after a judge granted him a further $28 million in a battle with TV bosses over his 1990s show "Nash Bridges". The actor was awarded $23.2 million in July after successfully suing bosses at production company Rysher Entertainment, Inc., claiming he was owed 50 per cent of the profits from the show because he owned half of the cop drama's copyright.

And on Wednesday, September 8 he was victorious again - Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Stern ruled that Johnson is due more than $28 million in interest. Johnson, who played a San Francisco cop in the hit show, is pleased his rights have been acknowledged.

He says in a statement, " 'Nash Bridges' was my project, and I poured my heart into it. I feel a sense of vindication and sincere gratitude that both the jury and Judge Stern continue to agree with me."

The "Miami Vice" star had previously asked for a $100 million settlement, claiming TV bosses earned more than $300 million in revenue and more than $150 million from syndication. Lawyers for Rysher claim the initial jury verdict will be appealed, reports the Associated Press.

Follow us :

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
  2. Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
  3. Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
  4. Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
  5. Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
  6. Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
  7. Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
  8. Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3