Angelina Jolie Opposes Koran-Burning Plans
Angelina Jolie has spoken out against a controversial U.S. pastor who has organized a Koran-burning event in Florida to mark the anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. The "Tomb Raider" star jetted to flood-ravaged Pakistan on Tuesday, September 7 as part of her duties as a United Nations ambassador in a bid to boost donations for aid relief.
Her visit came just days after Christian pastor Terry Jones caused a furore in Islamic countries by announcing plans to set fire to the religion's holy book at his church in Florida on September 9, to mark the nine-year anniversary of the terrorist atrocity.
Jolie was asked during a press conference whether she supported Jones' right to show his disdain for the faith by burning the Koran - and the actress made it clear she is disgusted by the planned protest. She replied, "Of course not. Of course not. I have hardly the words that somebody would do that to somebody's religious book."
More Angelina Jolie News
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'
- Prince's Paisley Park Home Will Be Open for Public in October
- Terminally Ill Fan Got Special Screening of 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Before Passing
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week