Angelina Jolie Opposes Koran-Burning Plans
Angelina Jolie has spoken out against a controversial U.S. pastor who has organized a Koran-burning event in Florida to mark the anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. The "Tomb Raider" star jetted to flood-ravaged Pakistan on Tuesday, September 7 as part of her duties as a United Nations ambassador in a bid to boost donations for aid relief.
Her visit came just days after Christian pastor Terry Jones caused a furore in Islamic countries by announcing plans to set fire to the religion's holy book at his church in Florida on September 9, to mark the nine-year anniversary of the terrorist atrocity.
Jolie was asked during a press conference whether she supported Jones' right to show his disdain for the faith by burning the Koran - and the actress made it clear she is disgusted by the planned protest. She replied, "Of course not. Of course not. I have hardly the words that somebody would do that to somebody's religious book."
More Angelina Jolie News
- Lady Antebellum Will Make You Dance With Their Cover of JT's 'Can't Stop the Feeling!'
- 'Tallulah' Trailer: Ellen Page and Allison Janney Raise a Kidnapped Child
- 'Lost in Space' Reboot Ordered to Series by Netflix
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna's Baby's Sex Reportedly Revealed. A Boy or a Girl?
- Rihanna Previews 'Sledgehammer' Video Before Premiering It in Full in IMAX
- Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban's Surrogacy Plan for Baby No. 3 Opposed by Their Church
- Hard Work Pays Off! Kourtney Kardashian Displays Her Rock-Hard Abs in Sexy Bikini
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series