Angelina Jolie Opposes Koran-Burning Plans
Angelina Jolie has spoken out against a controversial U.S. pastor who has organized a Koran-burning event in Florida to mark the anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. The "Tomb Raider" star jetted to flood-ravaged Pakistan on Tuesday, September 7 as part of her duties as a United Nations ambassador in a bid to boost donations for aid relief.
Her visit came just days after Christian pastor Terry Jones caused a furore in Islamic countries by announcing plans to set fire to the religion's holy book at his church in Florida on September 9, to mark the nine-year anniversary of the terrorist atrocity.
Jolie was asked during a press conference whether she supported Jones' right to show his disdain for the faith by burning the Koran - and the actress made it clear she is disgusted by the planned protest. She replied, "Of course not. Of course not. I have hardly the words that somebody would do that to somebody's religious book."
More Angelina Jolie News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked