Angelina Jolie Opposes Koran-Burning Plans
Angelina Jolie has spoken out against a controversial U.S. pastor who has organized a Koran-burning event in Florida to mark the anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. The "Tomb Raider" star jetted to flood-ravaged Pakistan on Tuesday, September 7 as part of her duties as a United Nations ambassador in a bid to boost donations for aid relief.
Her visit came just days after Christian pastor Terry Jones caused a furore in Islamic countries by announcing plans to set fire to the religion's holy book at his church in Florida on September 9, to mark the nine-year anniversary of the terrorist atrocity.
Jolie was asked during a press conference whether she supported Jones' right to show his disdain for the faith by burning the Koran - and the actress made it clear she is disgusted by the planned protest. She replied, "Of course not. Of course not. I have hardly the words that somebody would do that to somebody's religious book."
More Angelina Jolie News
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation