Angelina Jolie Opposes Koran-Burning Plans
Angelina Jolie has spoken out against a controversial U.S. pastor who has organized a Koran-burning event in Florida to mark the anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. The "Tomb Raider" star jetted to flood-ravaged Pakistan on Tuesday, September 7 as part of her duties as a United Nations ambassador in a bid to boost donations for aid relief.
Her visit came just days after Christian pastor Terry Jones caused a furore in Islamic countries by announcing plans to set fire to the religion's holy book at his church in Florida on September 9, to mark the nine-year anniversary of the terrorist atrocity.
Jolie was asked during a press conference whether she supported Jones' right to show his disdain for the faith by burning the Koran - and the actress made it clear she is disgusted by the planned protest. She replied, "Of course not. Of course not. I have hardly the words that somebody would do that to somebody's religious book."
More Angelina Jolie News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal