Martha Stewart Sued by Vampire Vineyards
Martha Stewart has been targeted in a new lawsuit over allegations she is sucking profits out of Vampire Vineyards wine company by producing low-quality counterfeits. In a suit filed by bosses at the gothic inspired wine firm, Stewart and her company is accused of selling cheap booze with the Vampire Vineyard label in a bid to tarnish the company's product and boost sales of her own wine range with E&J Gallo winery.
In papers obtained by TMZ.com, Vampire Vineyards chiefs state that the TV titan is out "to disparage and tarnish wine brands by portraying a mock label of Vampire Vineyards affixed to cheap, nondescript wine and spirits products."
The papers go on to state that the campaign is "malicious". Stewart has lent her name to a range of Gallo wines since 2007. She had not responded to the lawsuit as WENN went to press.
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert