Martha Stewart Sued by Vampire Vineyards
Martha Stewart has been targeted in a new lawsuit over allegations she is sucking profits out of Vampire Vineyards wine company by producing low-quality counterfeits. In a suit filed by bosses at the gothic inspired wine firm, Stewart and her company is accused of selling cheap booze with the Vampire Vineyard label in a bid to tarnish the company's product and boost sales of her own wine range with E&J Gallo winery.
In papers obtained by TMZ.com, Vampire Vineyards chiefs state that the TV titan is out "to disparage and tarnish wine brands by portraying a mock label of Vampire Vineyards affixed to cheap, nondescript wine and spirits products."
The papers go on to state that the campaign is "malicious". Stewart has lent her name to a range of Gallo wines since 2007. She had not responded to the lawsuit as WENN went to press.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked