Martha Stewart Sued by Vampire Vineyards
Martha Stewart has been targeted in a new lawsuit over allegations she is sucking profits out of Vampire Vineyards wine company by producing low-quality counterfeits. In a suit filed by bosses at the gothic inspired wine firm, Stewart and her company is accused of selling cheap booze with the Vampire Vineyard label in a bid to tarnish the company's product and boost sales of her own wine range with E&J Gallo winery.
In papers obtained by TMZ.com, Vampire Vineyards chiefs state that the TV titan is out "to disparage and tarnish wine brands by portraying a mock label of Vampire Vineyards affixed to cheap, nondescript wine and spirits products."
The papers go on to state that the campaign is "malicious". Stewart has lent her name to a range of Gallo wines since 2007. She had not responded to the lawsuit as WENN went to press.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special