Mike Edwards of Electric Light Orchestra Beat Out Cancer Before His Tragic Death
Tragic Electric Light Orchestra star Mike Edwards had recently triumphed over cancer before he was killed in a freak accident with a bale of hay on Friday, September 3. The 62-year-old cellist died instantly after a 1,320-pound (600-kilogram) bale fell onto his van as he was driving through Devon, England.
And friends insist the accident was particularly heartbreaking because the star had recently overcome a bout of depression and undergone treatment for melanoma on his temple. Pal Jasper Solomon says, "He was delightful. He had a bad period with depression but he had treatment which was a success and he was happy about it."
The musician quit the band at the height of its fame in 1975 to become a Buddhist.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding