Mike Edwards of Electric Light Orchestra Beat Out Cancer Before His Tragic Death
Tragic Electric Light Orchestra star Mike Edwards had recently triumphed over cancer before he was killed in a freak accident with a bale of hay on Friday, September 3. The 62-year-old cellist died instantly after a 1,320-pound (600-kilogram) bale fell onto his van as he was driving through Devon, England.
And friends insist the accident was particularly heartbreaking because the star had recently overcome a bout of depression and undergone treatment for melanoma on his temple. Pal Jasper Solomon says, "He was delightful. He had a bad period with depression but he had treatment which was a success and he was happy about it."
The musician quit the band at the height of its fame in 1975 to become a Buddhist.
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Slammed by Haters for Sharing 'Materialistic' Photos of Her Kids
- Surprise! Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik Are Planning a Collaboration
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' May Flash Back to World War II
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder