Mike Edwards of Electric Light Orchestra Beat Out Cancer Before His Tragic Death
Tragic Electric Light Orchestra star Mike Edwards had recently triumphed over cancer before he was killed in a freak accident with a bale of hay on Friday, September 3. The 62-year-old cellist died instantly after a 1,320-pound (600-kilogram) bale fell onto his van as he was driving through Devon, England.
And friends insist the accident was particularly heartbreaking because the star had recently overcome a bout of depression and undergone treatment for melanoma on his temple. Pal Jasper Solomon says, "He was delightful. He had a bad period with depression but he had treatment which was a success and he was happy about it."
The musician quit the band at the height of its fame in 1975 to become a Buddhist.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars