Mike Edwards of Electric Light Orchestra Beat Out Cancer Before His Tragic Death
Tragic Electric Light Orchestra star Mike Edwards had recently triumphed over cancer before he was killed in a freak accident with a bale of hay on Friday, September 3. The 62-year-old cellist died instantly after a 1,320-pound (600-kilogram) bale fell onto his van as he was driving through Devon, England.
And friends insist the accident was particularly heartbreaking because the star had recently overcome a bout of depression and undergone treatment for melanoma on his temple. Pal Jasper Solomon says, "He was delightful. He had a bad period with depression but he had treatment which was a success and he was happy about it."
The musician quit the band at the height of its fame in 1975 to become a Buddhist.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video