Mike Edwards of Electric Light Orchestra Beat Out Cancer Before His Tragic Death
Tragic Electric Light Orchestra star Mike Edwards had recently triumphed over cancer before he was killed in a freak accident with a bale of hay on Friday, September 3. The 62-year-old cellist died instantly after a 1,320-pound (600-kilogram) bale fell onto his van as he was driving through Devon, England.
And friends insist the accident was particularly heartbreaking because the star had recently overcome a bout of depression and undergone treatment for melanoma on his temple. Pal Jasper Solomon says, "He was delightful. He had a bad period with depression but he had treatment which was a success and he was happy about it."
The musician quit the band at the height of its fame in 1975 to become a Buddhist.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia