Lady GaGa Slammed by PETA for Wearing Meat Bikini
Animal activists have taken aim at Lady GaGa for posing in nothing but raw meat for a fashion magazine cover. The pop star posed in a 'bikini' made entirely of slabs of red meat for the cover of Japan's Hommes Vogue - and campaigners at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) have been quick to react.
PETA President Ingrid Newkirk says, "Lady Gaga's job is to do outlandish things, and this certainly qualifies as outlandish because meat is something you want to avoid putting on or in your body. No matter how beautifully it is presented, flesh from a tortured animal is flesh from a tortured animal.Meat represents bloody violence and suffering, so if that's the look they were going for, they achieved it."
In 2009, PETA bosses begged Lady GaGa to strip for their Rather Go Naked than Wear Fur ad campaign after she vowed never to wear animal skins.
More Lady GaGa News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story