Lady GaGa Slammed by PETA for Wearing Meat Bikini
Animal activists have taken aim at Lady GaGa for posing in nothing but raw meat for a fashion magazine cover. The pop star posed in a 'bikini' made entirely of slabs of red meat for the cover of Japan's Hommes Vogue - and campaigners at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) have been quick to react.
PETA President Ingrid Newkirk says, "Lady Gaga's job is to do outlandish things, and this certainly qualifies as outlandish because meat is something you want to avoid putting on or in your body. No matter how beautifully it is presented, flesh from a tortured animal is flesh from a tortured animal.Meat represents bloody violence and suffering, so if that's the look they were going for, they achieved it."
In 2009, PETA bosses begged Lady GaGa to strip for their Rather Go Naked than Wear Fur ad campaign after she vowed never to wear animal skins.
More Lady GaGa News
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung