Lady GaGa Slammed by PETA for Wearing Meat Bikini
Animal activists have taken aim at Lady GaGa for posing in nothing but raw meat for a fashion magazine cover. The pop star posed in a 'bikini' made entirely of slabs of red meat for the cover of Japan's Hommes Vogue - and campaigners at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) have been quick to react.
PETA President Ingrid Newkirk says, "Lady Gaga's job is to do outlandish things, and this certainly qualifies as outlandish because meat is something you want to avoid putting on or in your body. No matter how beautifully it is presented, flesh from a tortured animal is flesh from a tortured animal.Meat represents bloody violence and suffering, so if that's the look they were going for, they achieved it."
In 2009, PETA bosses begged Lady GaGa to strip for their Rather Go Naked than Wear Fur ad campaign after she vowed never to wear animal skins.
More Lady GaGa News
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune