Lady GaGa Slammed by PETA for Wearing Meat Bikini
Animal activists have taken aim at Lady GaGa for posing in nothing but raw meat for a fashion magazine cover. The pop star posed in a 'bikini' made entirely of slabs of red meat for the cover of Japan's Hommes Vogue - and campaigners at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) have been quick to react.
PETA President Ingrid Newkirk says, "Lady Gaga's job is to do outlandish things, and this certainly qualifies as outlandish because meat is something you want to avoid putting on or in your body. No matter how beautifully it is presented, flesh from a tortured animal is flesh from a tortured animal.Meat represents bloody violence and suffering, so if that's the look they were going for, they achieved it."
In 2009, PETA bosses begged Lady GaGa to strip for their Rather Go Naked than Wear Fur ad campaign after she vowed never to wear animal skins.
More Lady GaGa News
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest