Lady GaGa Slammed by PETA for Wearing Meat Bikini
Animal activists have taken aim at Lady GaGa for posing in nothing but raw meat for a fashion magazine cover. The pop star posed in a 'bikini' made entirely of slabs of red meat for the cover of Japan's Hommes Vogue - and campaigners at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) have been quick to react.
PETA President Ingrid Newkirk says, "Lady Gaga's job is to do outlandish things, and this certainly qualifies as outlandish because meat is something you want to avoid putting on or in your body. No matter how beautifully it is presented, flesh from a tortured animal is flesh from a tortured animal.Meat represents bloody violence and suffering, so if that's the look they were going for, they achieved it."
In 2009, PETA bosses begged Lady GaGa to strip for their Rather Go Naked than Wear Fur ad campaign after she vowed never to wear animal skins.
More Lady GaGa News
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed