Missing Out Mercury Prize, Dizzee Rascal Snatches GQ Award
Rapper Dizzee Rascal had no time to be upset after losing out on the 2010 Mercury Prize on Tuesday, September 7 - he won a GQ Award on the same evening. The hip-hop star missed out on becoming the first ever artist to win the coveted Mercury Prize twice after rockers The xx took home the honor at a ceremony in London's Grosvenor House Hotel.
But the "Bonkers" hitmaker still ended his night on a high - he claimed the Best Solo Artist prize at the GQ Men of the Year Awards across town at the Royal Opera House. Other winners at the GQ event included Gorillaz, who were named Band of the Year, and The Kinks legend Ray Davies, who accepted the Outstanding Achievement trophy in recognition of his contributions to rock music from former Oasis rocker Noel Gallagher. Giorgio Armani was named Best Designer.
Meanwhile, pregnant pop star Lily Allen presented "Gossip Girl" star Ed Westwick with the Breakthrough Talent Award and "Mad Men" star Jon Hamm brought Hollywood to the British capital as he took home the International Man of the Year trophy.
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video