Missing Out Mercury Prize, Dizzee Rascal Snatches GQ Award
Rapper Dizzee Rascal had no time to be upset after losing out on the 2010 Mercury Prize on Tuesday, September 7 - he won a GQ Award on the same evening. The hip-hop star missed out on becoming the first ever artist to win the coveted Mercury Prize twice after rockers The xx took home the honor at a ceremony in London's Grosvenor House Hotel.
But the "Bonkers" hitmaker still ended his night on a high - he claimed the Best Solo Artist prize at the GQ Men of the Year Awards across town at the Royal Opera House. Other winners at the GQ event included Gorillaz, who were named Band of the Year, and The Kinks legend Ray Davies, who accepted the Outstanding Achievement trophy in recognition of his contributions to rock music from former Oasis rocker Noel Gallagher. Giorgio Armani was named Best Designer.
Meanwhile, pregnant pop star Lily Allen presented "Gossip Girl" star Ed Westwick with the Breakthrough Talent Award and "Mad Men" star Jon Hamm brought Hollywood to the British capital as he took home the International Man of the Year trophy.
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern