'Planet of the Apes' Actor Glenn Shadix Died
"Beetlejuice" star Glenn Shadix has died following a fall at his home in Birmingham, Alabama. The wheelchair-bound 58 year old, who played decorator Otho in Tim Burton's hit film, banged his head in the fall - and that killed him, according to his sister Susan Gagne.
In a statement she says, "He was having mobility problems, and he was in a wheelchair. It looks like he fell and hit his head in the kitchen, and that's the cause of death." However, Shadix's personal manager Juliet Green says that the cause of his death is still unknown.
Shadix was a regular in Burton films - he was among the cast of "Planet of the Apes" and voiced The Mayor in "The Nightmare Before Christmas 3-D". He retired from acting in 2006.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna