'Planet of the Apes' Actor Glenn Shadix Died
"Beetlejuice" star Glenn Shadix has died following a fall at his home in Birmingham, Alabama. The wheelchair-bound 58 year old, who played decorator Otho in Tim Burton's hit film, banged his head in the fall - and that killed him, according to his sister Susan Gagne.
In a statement she says, "He was having mobility problems, and he was in a wheelchair. It looks like he fell and hit his head in the kitchen, and that's the cause of death." However, Shadix's personal manager Juliet Green says that the cause of his death is still unknown.
Shadix was a regular in Burton films - he was among the cast of "Planet of the Apes" and voiced The Mayor in "The Nightmare Before Christmas 3-D". He retired from acting in 2006.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show