Nadine Coyle's Father Hit With Unpaid Property Taxes Over Family Bar
The father of British singer Nadine Coyle is facing financial trouble in the U.S. - government officials are chasing him for unpaid property taxes related to a Los Angeles bar baring her name. The Girls Aloud star's father Niall runs Nadine's Irish Mist on Sunset Beach and is believed to owe Orange County tax officials $40,451 in unpaid property tax, reports Britain's Daily Mail.
The bar was also reportedly fined $844.60 after Niall failed to file appropriate documents when transferring the business into his name. An official from the tax office says, "Mr. Coyle has the option to make payment in installments if he cannot pay the amount in full straight away. But this is a significant amount of money and he should take action to start paying it off now before he falls further behind and gets into serious trouble."
Reports also suggest Niall has continued operations at the nightspot despite officials revoking his business license for failing to file a Statement of Information in June, 2009. The license is required by Californian law. A spokeswoman for the Secretary of State's office revealed the last documentation was filed in 2007, adding the revocation "means they are not legally able to do business in California".
The Coyle family patriarch has refused to address the allegations, while a spokesperson for the singer has also remained tight-lipped, stating "She doesn't want to go into specifics about her business interests."
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard