Nadine Coyle's Father Hit With Unpaid Property Taxes Over Family Bar
The father of British singer Nadine Coyle is facing financial trouble in the U.S. - government officials are chasing him for unpaid property taxes related to a Los Angeles bar baring her name. The Girls Aloud star's father Niall runs Nadine's Irish Mist on Sunset Beach and is believed to owe Orange County tax officials $40,451 in unpaid property tax, reports Britain's Daily Mail.
The bar was also reportedly fined $844.60 after Niall failed to file appropriate documents when transferring the business into his name. An official from the tax office says, "Mr. Coyle has the option to make payment in installments if he cannot pay the amount in full straight away. But this is a significant amount of money and he should take action to start paying it off now before he falls further behind and gets into serious trouble."
Reports also suggest Niall has continued operations at the nightspot despite officials revoking his business license for failing to file a Statement of Information in June, 2009. The license is required by Californian law. A spokeswoman for the Secretary of State's office revealed the last documentation was filed in 2007, adding the revocation "means they are not legally able to do business in California".
The Coyle family patriarch has refused to address the allegations, while a spokesperson for the singer has also remained tight-lipped, stating "She doesn't want to go into specifics about her business interests."
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March