The Libertines' Carl Barat Confirms He and Girlfriend Are Expecting Baby
The Libertines rocker Carl Barat is set for a very special Christmas - he will become a first-time father in December. The British star, who is preparing to release his debut solo album in October, has confirmed rumors he and his girlfriend Edie Langley are preparing to welcome a baby boy.
He tells Reuters, "(My priorities are) my album, my tour and my baby. I am very happy, nervous and excited. It's time for a change. It's time to move on."
Barat further reveals that his upcoming album will be "truthful and cathartic" as well as a clear step away from his past work with the Libertines or Dirty Pretty Things, the band he split with in 2008. He says, "Take away the guitars and you can see things, it's the first time I had the confidence to take away the guitars."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance