The Libertines' Carl Barat Confirms He and Girlfriend Are Expecting Baby
The Libertines rocker Carl Barat is set for a very special Christmas - he will become a first-time father in December. The British star, who is preparing to release his debut solo album in October, has confirmed rumors he and his girlfriend Edie Langley are preparing to welcome a baby boy.
He tells Reuters, "(My priorities are) my album, my tour and my baby. I am very happy, nervous and excited. It's time for a change. It's time to move on."
Barat further reveals that his upcoming album will be "truthful and cathartic" as well as a clear step away from his past work with the Libertines or Dirty Pretty Things, the band he split with in 2008. He says, "Take away the guitars and you can see things, it's the first time I had the confidence to take away the guitars."
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'