The Libertines' Carl Barat Confirms He and Girlfriend Are Expecting Baby
The Libertines rocker Carl Barat is set for a very special Christmas - he will become a first-time father in December. The British star, who is preparing to release his debut solo album in October, has confirmed rumors he and his girlfriend Edie Langley are preparing to welcome a baby boy.
He tells Reuters, "(My priorities are) my album, my tour and my baby. I am very happy, nervous and excited. It's time for a change. It's time to move on."
Barat further reveals that his upcoming album will be "truthful and cathartic" as well as a clear step away from his past work with the Libertines or Dirty Pretty Things, the band he split with in 2008. He says, "Take away the guitars and you can see things, it's the first time I had the confidence to take away the guitars."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation