Billy Ray Cyrus and Son Trace to Investigate UFO for New Reality TV Show
Billy Ray Cyrus is returning to the small screen with another one of his offspring - he's teaming up with son Trace Cyrus for a reality show about conspiracy theories involving paranormal phenomena. The "Achy Breaky Heart" hitmaker co-starred on Disney's "Hannah Montana" alongside his daughter, Miley Cyrus, from 2006 until the series finale earlier this year.
And now he's signed a deal with America's Syfy network to star on "UFO: Unbelievably Freakin' Obvious", which will see the singer and 21-year-old Trace traveling cross-country to investigate unexplained activity. The Cyrus patriarch tells Variety, "The existence of paranormal phenomena is something I've always wanted to explore further."
"Getting the opportunity to take this adventure with my son, who has always had a keen interest in this area, is a dream come true. I hope this series can shine a light on some of the activities we have questioned, and the mysteries that have long inspired us."
Production on the series pilot is scheduled to begin this autumn.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'