Billy Ray Cyrus and Son Trace to Investigate UFO for New Reality TV Show
Billy Ray Cyrus is returning to the small screen with another one of his offspring - he's teaming up with son Trace Cyrus for a reality show about conspiracy theories involving paranormal phenomena. The "Achy Breaky Heart" hitmaker co-starred on Disney's "Hannah Montana" alongside his daughter, Miley Cyrus, from 2006 until the series finale earlier this year.
And now he's signed a deal with America's Syfy network to star on "UFO: Unbelievably Freakin' Obvious", which will see the singer and 21-year-old Trace traveling cross-country to investigate unexplained activity. The Cyrus patriarch tells Variety, "The existence of paranormal phenomena is something I've always wanted to explore further."
"Getting the opportunity to take this adventure with my son, who has always had a keen interest in this area, is a dream come true. I hope this series can shine a light on some of the activities we have questioned, and the mysteries that have long inspired us."
Production on the series pilot is scheduled to begin this autumn.
More Billy Ray Cyrus News
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist