Billy Ray Cyrus and Son Trace to Investigate UFO for New Reality TV Show
Billy Ray Cyrus is returning to the small screen with another one of his offspring - he's teaming up with son Trace Cyrus for a reality show about conspiracy theories involving paranormal phenomena. The "Achy Breaky Heart" hitmaker co-starred on Disney's "Hannah Montana" alongside his daughter, Miley Cyrus, from 2006 until the series finale earlier this year.
And now he's signed a deal with America's Syfy network to star on "UFO: Unbelievably Freakin' Obvious", which will see the singer and 21-year-old Trace traveling cross-country to investigate unexplained activity. The Cyrus patriarch tells Variety, "The existence of paranormal phenomena is something I've always wanted to explore further."
"Getting the opportunity to take this adventure with my son, who has always had a keen interest in this area, is a dream come true. I hope this series can shine a light on some of the activities we have questioned, and the mysteries that have long inspired us."
Production on the series pilot is scheduled to begin this autumn.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences