Chris Colfer Was Bullied by School Mates Over Sexuality
Gay "Glee" star Chris Colfer was targeted by bullies at school over his sexuality. The actor, who plays fashionista Kurt Hummel in the hit U.S. show, admits his camp and quirky persona led to teasing by his classmates.
Since he shot to fame, his former tormentors have tried to befriend him - but the actor is adamant he'll never forget their mean behavior. He says, "Absolutely, yeah (I was bullied). I was teased every day, mainly because of my voice. They said I sounded like a chipmunk! Now everyone likes to remind me how they used to be my best friend, but I have a very good memory - that wasn't always the case."
"I was really intense at high school because I knew what I wanted to do. I was in a small town in the middle of nowhere and everything seemed impossible. People liked to feed off that and make me feel as if it was impossible."
More Chris Colfer News
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame