Chris Colfer Was Bullied by School Mates Over Sexuality
Gay "Glee" star Chris Colfer was targeted by bullies at school over his sexuality. The actor, who plays fashionista Kurt Hummel in the hit U.S. show, admits his camp and quirky persona led to teasing by his classmates.
Since he shot to fame, his former tormentors have tried to befriend him - but the actor is adamant he'll never forget their mean behavior. He says, "Absolutely, yeah (I was bullied). I was teased every day, mainly because of my voice. They said I sounded like a chipmunk! Now everyone likes to remind me how they used to be my best friend, but I have a very good memory - that wasn't always the case."
"I was really intense at high school because I knew what I wanted to do. I was in a small town in the middle of nowhere and everything seemed impossible. People liked to feed off that and make me feel as if it was impossible."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'