Chris Colfer Was Bullied by School Mates Over Sexuality
Gay "Glee" star Chris Colfer was targeted by bullies at school over his sexuality. The actor, who plays fashionista Kurt Hummel in the hit U.S. show, admits his camp and quirky persona led to teasing by his classmates.
Since he shot to fame, his former tormentors have tried to befriend him - but the actor is adamant he'll never forget their mean behavior. He says, "Absolutely, yeah (I was bullied). I was teased every day, mainly because of my voice. They said I sounded like a chipmunk! Now everyone likes to remind me how they used to be my best friend, but I have a very good memory - that wasn't always the case."
"I was really intense at high school because I knew what I wanted to do. I was in a small town in the middle of nowhere and everything seemed impossible. People liked to feed off that and make me feel as if it was impossible."
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Guilty to Disorderly Conduct During Pipeline Protest
- Is Chris Brown's New Sex-Drenched Single 'Privacy' to Tempt Rihanna?
- Christina El Moussa Is Dating NHL Star Nate Thompson Amid Divorce From Tarek
- Hugh Grant Dances to Drake's Song in 'Love Actually' Short Film
- Cher's 'Serious Family Issue' Forces Her to Drop Out of Lifetime's Flint Water Crisis Movie
- 'Game of Thrones': Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Teases Big Jaime-Cersei-Brienne Development in Season 7
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Direct R-Rated Musical Comedy Co-Starring Channing Tatum
- John Legend's Travel Bag 'Stolen' at JFK Airport