Lady GaGa and Justin Bieber Lawyer Threatens to Sue Comic Book Creators
A lawyer working for Lady GaGa and Justin Bieber has threatened legal action against comic book creators over a series of unauthorized cartoon strips. The "Poker Face" hitmaker and teen sensation Bieber have both been animated as part of a series of graphic biographies by Bluewater Productions.
The Gaga version was released in June and the "Baby" singer's comic is due to come out in October. But the pair's attorney Kenneth Feinswog is seeking to block the publications - he has served the company with a cease-and-desist letter, threatening to sue Bluewater bosses if the books aren't pulled.
Publisher Darren G. Davis is refusing to bow under pressure - and insists his animators are well within their rights to create comic strips from celebrities' lives. He says, "We are 100 per cent within our first amendment rights. We knew our rights on this before we jumped into the biography world. These are 100 per cent biographies on their lives."
"We reach out to all the celebrities and some choose to work with us and some do not. If they do choose to work with us, we donate ads and money to a non-profit (organization) of their choice. We offered the same deal to Bieber's people."
Taylor Swift and soccer star David Beckham have already had comic characters created in their image by Bluewater staff.
More Lady GaGa News
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role