Lady GaGa and Justin Bieber Lawyer Threatens to Sue Comic Book Creators
A lawyer working for Lady GaGa and Justin Bieber has threatened legal action against comic book creators over a series of unauthorized cartoon strips. The "Poker Face" hitmaker and teen sensation Bieber have both been animated as part of a series of graphic biographies by Bluewater Productions.
The Gaga version was released in June and the "Baby" singer's comic is due to come out in October. But the pair's attorney Kenneth Feinswog is seeking to block the publications - he has served the company with a cease-and-desist letter, threatening to sue Bluewater bosses if the books aren't pulled.
Publisher Darren G. Davis is refusing to bow under pressure - and insists his animators are well within their rights to create comic strips from celebrities' lives. He says, "We are 100 per cent within our first amendment rights. We knew our rights on this before we jumped into the biography world. These are 100 per cent biographies on their lives."
"We reach out to all the celebrities and some choose to work with us and some do not. If they do choose to work with us, we donate ads and money to a non-profit (organization) of their choice. We offered the same deal to Bieber's people."
Taylor Swift and soccer star David Beckham have already had comic characters created in their image by Bluewater staff.
More Lady GaGa News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars