Lady GaGa and Justin Bieber Lawyer Threatens to Sue Comic Book Creators
A lawyer working for Lady GaGa and Justin Bieber has threatened legal action against comic book creators over a series of unauthorized cartoon strips. The "Poker Face" hitmaker and teen sensation Bieber have both been animated as part of a series of graphic biographies by Bluewater Productions.
The Gaga version was released in June and the "Baby" singer's comic is due to come out in October. But the pair's attorney Kenneth Feinswog is seeking to block the publications - he has served the company with a cease-and-desist letter, threatening to sue Bluewater bosses if the books aren't pulled.
Publisher Darren G. Davis is refusing to bow under pressure - and insists his animators are well within their rights to create comic strips from celebrities' lives. He says, "We are 100 per cent within our first amendment rights. We knew our rights on this before we jumped into the biography world. These are 100 per cent biographies on their lives."
"We reach out to all the celebrities and some choose to work with us and some do not. If they do choose to work with us, we donate ads and money to a non-profit (organization) of their choice. We offered the same deal to Bieber's people."
Taylor Swift and soccer star David Beckham have already had comic characters created in their image by Bluewater staff.
More Lady GaGa News
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5
- Kanye West and Everyone, Including Taylor Swift, Sleep Naked in His 'Famous' Video
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Confirms the Presence of A.R.G.U.S.
- Khloe Kardashian Sizzles With Purple Lipstick on Glamour Mexico. See the Sexy Snaps!
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Pixie Haircut at Givenchy Fashion Show With Bella Hadid and More
- Teresa Palmer Finds Someone's Name Carved in New 'Lights Out' Trailer
- Liam Hemsworth Defends His 2012 Engagement to Miley Cyrus
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women