Bernie Nolan Showing Bald Head at Red Carpet of TV Choice Awards
Cancer-stricken singer Bernie Nolan put on a brave face to show fans she is battling the disease by revealing her bald head at a U.K. awards ceremony on Monday night, September 6. The 49-year-old I'm in the "Mood for Dancing" singer was diagnosed with breast cancer in April and has been undergoing sessions of chemotherapy to treat it.
The "Nolans" star issued a photo showing her dramatic hair loss last month and spoke out insisting she's happy with the side effect because it means the treatment is "working". And Nolan underlined her bravery on Monday by arriving on the red carpet at Britain's TV Choice Awards showing her bare head - and happily posing for photographers.
She says, "I've spent the past few weeks saying I'm happy with no hair, so I felt it was important to come here and show I meant it. And, you know what? After ten minutes no one notices about the hair."
- Fox Comes Under Fire in Italy for Postponing 'Independence Day: Resurgence' Release
- Khloe Kardashian Divorces Lamar Odom to Find New Husband and Have Kids
- Amy Schumer Mocks Selena Gomez and 'Relatable' Stars in Hilarious Skit. Watch Selena's Response
- 'Fast 8' Cast Goofing Around During First Day on Set
- Taylor Lautner Laughs So Hard at His Naked 'Twilight' Fan Art
- Nick Jonas Reveals He Doesn't Talk to Exes Olivia Culpo and Miley Cyrus Anymore
- Trailer of James Franco's Twisted 'Mother, May I Sleep with Danger?' Remake Is Here!
- 'Glee' Alum Mark Salling Indicted on Child Pornography Charges