Bernie Nolan Showing Bald Head at Red Carpet of TV Choice Awards
Cancer-stricken singer Bernie Nolan put on a brave face to show fans she is battling the disease by revealing her bald head at a U.K. awards ceremony on Monday night, September 6. The 49-year-old I'm in the "Mood for Dancing" singer was diagnosed with breast cancer in April and has been undergoing sessions of chemotherapy to treat it.
The "Nolans" star issued a photo showing her dramatic hair loss last month and spoke out insisting she's happy with the side effect because it means the treatment is "working". And Nolan underlined her bravery on Monday by arriving on the red carpet at Britain's TV Choice Awards showing her bare head - and happily posing for photographers.
She says, "I've spent the past few weeks saying I'm happy with no hair, so I felt it was important to come here and show I meant it. And, you know what? After ten minutes no one notices about the hair."
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor