Bernie Nolan Showing Bald Head at Red Carpet of TV Choice Awards
Cancer-stricken singer Bernie Nolan put on a brave face to show fans she is battling the disease by revealing her bald head at a U.K. awards ceremony on Monday night, September 6. The 49-year-old I'm in the "Mood for Dancing" singer was diagnosed with breast cancer in April and has been undergoing sessions of chemotherapy to treat it.
The "Nolans" star issued a photo showing her dramatic hair loss last month and spoke out insisting she's happy with the side effect because it means the treatment is "working". And Nolan underlined her bravery on Monday by arriving on the red carpet at Britain's TV Choice Awards showing her bare head - and happily posing for photographers.
She says, "I've spent the past few weeks saying I'm happy with no hair, so I felt it was important to come here and show I meant it. And, you know what? After ten minutes no one notices about the hair."
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does