Miley Cyrus' Mother Files Request to Change Name
Miley Cyrus' mother has followed in her famous daughter's footsteps - she wants to legally change her name. Cyrus' country singer dad Billy Ray Cyrus and mum Leticia named their daughter Destiny Hope when she was born in 1992.
They quickly dubbed her Smiley due to her cheerful nature, which was later shortened to Miley, and the "Hannah Montana" star officially took on her moniker in 2008. Now her mother is following suit - Leticia has filed to have her name changed legally to her nickname Tish. In the application papers, she insists she has been known by the moniker "for as long as she can remember", according to TMZ.com.
Miley Cyrus is currently filming her new movie "LOL: Laughing Out Loud" in Paris along with Ashley Greene among other stars.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie