Miley Cyrus' Mother Files Request to Change Name
Miley Cyrus' mother has followed in her famous daughter's footsteps - she wants to legally change her name. Cyrus' country singer dad Billy Ray Cyrus and mum Leticia named their daughter Destiny Hope when she was born in 1992.
They quickly dubbed her Smiley due to her cheerful nature, which was later shortened to Miley, and the "Hannah Montana" star officially took on her moniker in 2008. Now her mother is following suit - Leticia has filed to have her name changed legally to her nickname Tish. In the application papers, she insists she has been known by the moniker "for as long as she can remember", according to TMZ.com.
Miley Cyrus is currently filming her new movie "LOL: Laughing Out Loud" in Paris along with Ashley Greene among other stars.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding