Miley Cyrus' Mother Files Request to Change Name
Miley Cyrus' mother has followed in her famous daughter's footsteps - she wants to legally change her name. Cyrus' country singer dad Billy Ray Cyrus and mum Leticia named their daughter Destiny Hope when she was born in 1992.
They quickly dubbed her Smiley due to her cheerful nature, which was later shortened to Miley, and the "Hannah Montana" star officially took on her moniker in 2008. Now her mother is following suit - Leticia has filed to have her name changed legally to her nickname Tish. In the application papers, she insists she has been known by the moniker "for as long as she can remember", according to TMZ.com.
Miley Cyrus is currently filming her new movie "LOL: Laughing Out Loud" in Paris along with Ashley Greene among other stars.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group