Paris Hilton Discharged From Jail Early to Avoid Disruption
Las Vegas officials have defended their decision to expedite Paris Hilton's recent release from jail, insisting the socialite needed to be discharged quickly to avoid any disruptions to normal operations.
The heiress was arrested on suspicion of cocaine possession last month and taken to Sin City's Clark County Detention Center, where she waited just three hours until she was freed. The average booking time for individuals facing the same charge is six hours - but jail officials admit Hilton was given preferential treatment for her own protection.
Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Deputy Chief Jim Dixon, who runs the center, claims Hilton needed to be rushed through the booking process in order to get her into an individual room and out of the prison as soon as possible.
He explains to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, "She was treated differently so I don't have a disruption of my process here at the county jail. When you bring somebody in like that, everybody comes over and tries to look at them. I'd have officers attempting to keep inmates away from her. I'd have disruptions."
More Paris Hilton News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'