Simon Cowell Planning to Leave 'X Factor' for U.S. Version
Simon Cowell has sparked speculation he's set to leave his native Britain for good to concentrate on launching his popular singing contest "The X Factor" Stateside. The music mogul has dealt a devastating blow to TV fans after hinting the U.K. show, currently in its seventh series, won't be back next year - because he'll be too busy working on an American version.
Cowell is due to start filming the U.S. "X Factor" in September - around the same time the U.K. show typically begins airing. He says, "At the moment you are going to see me doing one show next year - and not one in England. I have a contract for this year and that is it."
"It will have to move. Do people want it back (in the U.K.)? I am going to sit it out for a few more weeks before I make a final decision. And it has to be fun. The minute it stops being fun, bye bye."
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene
- John McCain Is Diagnosed With Brain Cancer, Politicians Send Support
- Adele Is Struggling to Write New Album Because She Isn't 'Depressed' Enough
- Yoo Seung Ho Reveals He Enlisted to Military Because He Didn't Like Acting
- Meet Guillermo del Toro's Newest Creature in Dreamy First Trailer for 'The Shape of Water'