Simon Cowell Planning to Leave 'X Factor' for U.S. Version
Simon Cowell has sparked speculation he's set to leave his native Britain for good to concentrate on launching his popular singing contest "The X Factor" Stateside. The music mogul has dealt a devastating blow to TV fans after hinting the U.K. show, currently in its seventh series, won't be back next year - because he'll be too busy working on an American version.
Cowell is due to start filming the U.S. "X Factor" in September - around the same time the U.K. show typically begins airing. He says, "At the moment you are going to see me doing one show next year - and not one in England. I have a contract for this year and that is it."
"It will have to move. Do people want it back (in the U.K.)? I am going to sit it out for a few more weeks before I make a final decision. And it has to be fun. The minute it stops being fun, bye bye."
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?