Simon Cowell Planning to Leave 'X Factor' for U.S. Version
Simon Cowell has sparked speculation he's set to leave his native Britain for good to concentrate on launching his popular singing contest "The X Factor" Stateside. The music mogul has dealt a devastating blow to TV fans after hinting the U.K. show, currently in its seventh series, won't be back next year - because he'll be too busy working on an American version.
Cowell is due to start filming the U.S. "X Factor" in September - around the same time the U.K. show typically begins airing. He says, "At the moment you are going to see me doing one show next year - and not one in England. I have a contract for this year and that is it."
"It will have to move. Do people want it back (in the U.K.)? I am going to sit it out for a few more weeks before I make a final decision. And it has to be fun. The minute it stops being fun, bye bye."
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs