Martin Freeman Ditches 'Hobbit' for 'Sherlock'
British actor Martin Freeman has reportedly turned down a lead role in "The Hobbit" - so he can continue playing Sherlock Holmes' sidekick on U.K. TV.
The "Love Actually" star was approached to appear in the upcoming big-screen adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien's classic novel but was forced to reject the offer because he is still under contract to play Dr Watson on the BBC's series Sherlock.
A source tells Britain's The Sun, "It was one of the most difficult decisions of his career. MGM, who are making the film, only got a formal offer over in the last couple of weeks. "It was too late for Martin because he had already signed up for another series of Sherlock. It was agonizing but he had no other choice."
Director Peter Jackson is said to be searching for an unknown to take the role.
- Suki Waterhouse Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress During Chilly Beach Photo Shoot
- Anne Hathaway Controls a Monster in 'Colossal' Trailer
- Gregg Sulkin and Tyler Posey's Nude Photos Leaked by Ex Bella Thorne?
- Bella Hadid Bumps Into Ex The Weeknd During Concert at Madison Square Garden
- Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam Gets a Solo Movie as DC Splits 'Shazam'
- Amber Rose Claps Back at Haters Accusing Her of Being Rude to Sexual Assault Victim
- Did Charlie Sheen Just Threaten Jon Voight for Speaking at Donald Trump's Pre-Inagural Event?
- Kanye West Is Not Invited to Perform at Trump's Inauguration Because of This!