Justin Timberlake Reopens Luxury Eco-Friendly Golf Resort
Justin Timberlake has reopened his eco-friendly golf resort in Tennessee after spending a fortune to make it an all-green haven. The pop star closed down the luxury Mirimichi retreat in his native Memphis in January and set about improving the course's greens, bunkers and irrigation systems, and expanding the area's wetlands, wildflowers and native grasses. He relaunched the venue on Monday, September 6.
Taking to his Twitter blog, he writes, "Just cut the ribbon for the new Mirimichi Performance Center! It looks incredible... ." And Timberlake has his honor from the Gold Environment Organization (GEO) proudly on display after Mirimichi was recognized as the first green golf course in the Americas in April. He adds, "Also, just received the GEO Award for 1st certified 'green' golf course! Pretty damn cool."
The "SexyBack" hitmaker and his family bought the former Big Creek Golf Course in 2007 and previously spent $16 million renovating the 18 holes.
- Justin Bieber to Team Up With Anitta on New Song
- Alec Baldwin Will Bring Back Donald Trump Impression to 'Saturday Night Live'
- 'Deadpool 2': Ryan Reynolds Crashes Kid's Birthday Party in New Set Photos
- Is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Surrogate Pregnant With Twins?
- Is Ryan Seacrest Planning to Leave 'Live' for Profitable 'American Idol' Deal?
- Ed Sheeran Hits Back After Being Accused of Not Performing Live at Glastonbury
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date
- Inside Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Intimate Weekend in Toronto