Justin Timberlake Reopens Luxury Eco-Friendly Golf Resort
Justin Timberlake has reopened his eco-friendly golf resort in Tennessee after spending a fortune to make it an all-green haven. The pop star closed down the luxury Mirimichi retreat in his native Memphis in January and set about improving the course's greens, bunkers and irrigation systems, and expanding the area's wetlands, wildflowers and native grasses. He relaunched the venue on Monday, September 6.
Taking to his Twitter blog, he writes, "Just cut the ribbon for the new Mirimichi Performance Center! It looks incredible... ." And Timberlake has his honor from the Gold Environment Organization (GEO) proudly on display after Mirimichi was recognized as the first green golf course in the Americas in April. He adds, "Also, just received the GEO Award for 1st certified 'green' golf course! Pretty damn cool."
The "SexyBack" hitmaker and his family bought the former Big Creek Golf Course in 2007 and previously spent $16 million renovating the 18 holes.
More Justin Timberlake News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart