Justin Timberlake Reopens Luxury Eco-Friendly Golf Resort
Justin Timberlake has reopened his eco-friendly golf resort in Tennessee after spending a fortune to make it an all-green haven. The pop star closed down the luxury Mirimichi retreat in his native Memphis in January and set about improving the course's greens, bunkers and irrigation systems, and expanding the area's wetlands, wildflowers and native grasses. He relaunched the venue on Monday, September 6.
Taking to his Twitter blog, he writes, "Just cut the ribbon for the new Mirimichi Performance Center! It looks incredible... ." And Timberlake has his honor from the Gold Environment Organization (GEO) proudly on display after Mirimichi was recognized as the first green golf course in the Americas in April. He adds, "Also, just received the GEO Award for 1st certified 'green' golf course! Pretty damn cool."
The "SexyBack" hitmaker and his family bought the former Big Creek Golf Course in 2007 and previously spent $16 million renovating the 18 holes.
More Justin Timberlake News
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers