Justin Timberlake Reopens Luxury Eco-Friendly Golf Resort
Justin Timberlake has reopened his eco-friendly golf resort in Tennessee after spending a fortune to make it an all-green haven. The pop star closed down the luxury Mirimichi retreat in his native Memphis in January and set about improving the course's greens, bunkers and irrigation systems, and expanding the area's wetlands, wildflowers and native grasses. He relaunched the venue on Monday, September 6.
Taking to his Twitter blog, he writes, "Just cut the ribbon for the new Mirimichi Performance Center! It looks incredible... ." And Timberlake has his honor from the Gold Environment Organization (GEO) proudly on display after Mirimichi was recognized as the first green golf course in the Americas in April. He adds, "Also, just received the GEO Award for 1st certified 'green' golf course! Pretty damn cool."
The "SexyBack" hitmaker and his family bought the former Big Creek Golf Course in 2007 and previously spent $16 million renovating the 18 holes.
More Justin Timberlake News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed