Justin Timberlake Reopens Luxury Eco-Friendly Golf Resort
Justin Timberlake has reopened his eco-friendly golf resort in Tennessee after spending a fortune to make it an all-green haven. The pop star closed down the luxury Mirimichi retreat in his native Memphis in January and set about improving the course's greens, bunkers and irrigation systems, and expanding the area's wetlands, wildflowers and native grasses. He relaunched the venue on Monday, September 6.
Taking to his Twitter blog, he writes, "Just cut the ribbon for the new Mirimichi Performance Center! It looks incredible... ." And Timberlake has his honor from the Gold Environment Organization (GEO) proudly on display after Mirimichi was recognized as the first green golf course in the Americas in April. He adds, "Also, just received the GEO Award for 1st certified 'green' golf course! Pretty damn cool."
The "SexyBack" hitmaker and his family bought the former Big Creek Golf Course in 2007 and previously spent $16 million renovating the 18 holes.
More Justin Timberlake News
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones