Naomi Watts Gets 'a Little Emotional' When Meeting Pink Floyd
Actress Naomi Watts has mixed feelings when she meets up with her rock godfathers Pink Floyd because the bandmates remind her of the father she lost when she was seven. Her dad Peter was the band's road manager and sound engineer and his old pals always have new stories about his wild days whenever they meet up with Watts - but the tall tales are always tinged with sadness.
She explains, "I get a little emotional every time I see one of them (Pink Floyd bandmates), because it's like, 'Will there be another story?' I don't have that many memories of my father and I'm always sort of longing for a little anecdote relating to him. Maybe in the hope that it will tell me something about how he felt about me."
Watts admits she has always had a very special relationship with the members of Pink Floyd, because they set up a trust fund for her and her brother after he died. She tells Angeleno magazine, "It was a little money for us to keep until we became of age."
More Naomi Watts News
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist