Naomi Watts Gets 'a Little Emotional' When Meeting Pink Floyd
Actress Naomi Watts has mixed feelings when she meets up with her rock godfathers Pink Floyd because the bandmates remind her of the father she lost when she was seven. Her dad Peter was the band's road manager and sound engineer and his old pals always have new stories about his wild days whenever they meet up with Watts - but the tall tales are always tinged with sadness.
She explains, "I get a little emotional every time I see one of them (Pink Floyd bandmates), because it's like, 'Will there be another story?' I don't have that many memories of my father and I'm always sort of longing for a little anecdote relating to him. Maybe in the hope that it will tell me something about how he felt about me."
Watts admits she has always had a very special relationship with the members of Pink Floyd, because they set up a trust fund for her and her brother after he died. She tells Angeleno magazine, "It was a little money for us to keep until we became of age."
More Naomi Watts News
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch
- Justin Bieber Previews New Song 'Close to You'
- Watch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee in the Fall
- They Don't Belong Together. James Packer Dumps Mariah Carey Over Her 'Excessive Spending'
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale