Metallica Not Canceling New Zealand Gig Despite Earthquakes
Rockers Metallica are refusing to let New Zealand's recent earthquakes stop them from performing for fans there. Devotees feared three big quakes over the past five days, including a 7.1-magnitude one that hit the country's South Island, would prompt Metallica to postpone two sold-out shows set for Christchurch later this month.
But the band insists the shows at the CBS Canterbury Arena - close to the epicenter of the earthquakes - will go ahead as planned on September 21 and 22. Engineers are currently assessing the 9,000-capacity venue for damage, but bosses insist it doesn't appear the arena has been damaged at all.
Metallica has not released any album since "Death Magnetic". According to Blabbermouth.net, the band may start thinking about recording the follow-up to their ninth release in the second half of 2011.
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role