Lily Allen Offers Support to Kanye West After His Twitter Rants
Lily Allen has offered words of support to Kanye West after the rapper took aim at himself in a series of bizarre online rants. West has kept a low profile since last September 2009 after jumping on stage at the MTV Video Music Awards to protest against Taylor Swift's win for Best Female Video - insisting the prize belonged to Beyonce Knowles for her hit, "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)".
At the weekend, he berated his own behavior on his Twitter account, and took the chance to apologize to Swift again. He wrote, "It is distasteful to cut people off as a general rule. What's the point of dressing tastefully if I'm going to act the complete opposite?"
"With new found humility... who am I to run on stage? I would never ever again in a million years do that. Sorry to let you down. Beyonce didn't need that. MTV didn't need that and Taylor and her family, friends and fans definitely didn't want or need that."
"I am not a bad person. Even in that moment I was only trying to do good but people don't always need my help. When I woke up from the crazy nightmare I looked in the mirror and said GROW UP KANYE... I take the responsibility for my actions. Yes I was that guy. A 32 year old child."
But a concerned Allen, who follows West on the microblogging site, has advised the rapper not to be so down on himself. She writes, "Cheer up Kanye. We all still love you! It's really no big deal bro (sic). One little mistake, massively blown out of proportion. You're being WAY too hard on yourself."
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding