Founding Member of Electric Light Orchestra Died in Freak Accident
A founding member of rock band Electric Light Orchestra was killed on Friday, September 3 in a freak accident with a giant runaway bale of hay. Cellist Mike Edwards died instantly after the 1,320-pound bale came tumbling down a steep hill and onto the van he was driving through Devon, England. The bale is believed to have fallen from a tractor working nearby.
Edwards swerved into another vehicle as he was struck but the other driver was uninjured in the crash. Now authorities are reaching out to the 62 year old's relatives to help with their investigation and formally identify the musician.
Sergeant Steve Walker of the Devon and Cornwall police says, "This was a tragic accident and we have now identified the victim as Michael Edwards, a founder member of ELO. We have used photographs and YouTube footage to identify him but we now need help contacting his family for formal identification."
Edwards quit the band at the height of its fame in 1975 to become a Buddhist.
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound