Founding Member of Electric Light Orchestra Died in Freak Accident
A founding member of rock band Electric Light Orchestra was killed on Friday, September 3 in a freak accident with a giant runaway bale of hay. Cellist Mike Edwards died instantly after the 1,320-pound bale came tumbling down a steep hill and onto the van he was driving through Devon, England. The bale is believed to have fallen from a tractor working nearby.
Edwards swerved into another vehicle as he was struck but the other driver was uninjured in the crash. Now authorities are reaching out to the 62 year old's relatives to help with their investigation and formally identify the musician.
Sergeant Steve Walker of the Devon and Cornwall police says, "This was a tragic accident and we have now identified the victim as Michael Edwards, a founder member of ELO. We have used photographs and YouTube footage to identify him but we now need help contacting his family for formal identification."
Edwards quit the band at the height of its fame in 1975 to become a Buddhist.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked