Founding Member of Electric Light Orchestra Died in Freak Accident
A founding member of rock band Electric Light Orchestra was killed on Friday, September 3 in a freak accident with a giant runaway bale of hay. Cellist Mike Edwards died instantly after the 1,320-pound bale came tumbling down a steep hill and onto the van he was driving through Devon, England. The bale is believed to have fallen from a tractor working nearby.
Edwards swerved into another vehicle as he was struck but the other driver was uninjured in the crash. Now authorities are reaching out to the 62 year old's relatives to help with their investigation and formally identify the musician.
Sergeant Steve Walker of the Devon and Cornwall police says, "This was a tragic accident and we have now identified the victim as Michael Edwards, a founder member of ELO. We have used photographs and YouTube footage to identify him but we now need help contacting his family for formal identification."
Edwards quit the band at the height of its fame in 1975 to become a Buddhist.
- Justin Bieber Appears to Pee His Pants During Outing - And He's Proud of It
- Is Brad Pitt Staying at a Sober House?
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip