Katy Perry's 'Teenage Dream' Debuts Atop U.K. Charts
Katy Perry has scored her first number one album in the U.K. - "Teenage Dream" has debuted at the top of this week's charts. The pop star saw off competition from rapper Eminem, who is in second place with his hit album "Recovery", while Scottish rockers Biffy Clyro rocketed from number 27 to three with "Only Revolutions".
Mumford & Sons are at four with "Sigh No More", while Arcade Fire round out the top five with "The Suburbs".
Meanwhile, in the singles charts, last year's "The X Factor" runner-up Olly Murs enters straight in at number one with his debut "Please Don't Let Me Go". The reality TV contestant managed to hold back Perry's song "Teenage Dream", which debuts at two, while last week's top track, "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz, is at three.
More Katy Perry News
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video