Katy Perry's 'Teenage Dream' Debuts Atop U.K. Charts
Katy Perry has scored her first number one album in the U.K. - "Teenage Dream" has debuted at the top of this week's charts. The pop star saw off competition from rapper Eminem, who is in second place with his hit album "Recovery", while Scottish rockers Biffy Clyro rocketed from number 27 to three with "Only Revolutions".
Mumford & Sons are at four with "Sigh No More", while Arcade Fire round out the top five with "The Suburbs".
Meanwhile, in the singles charts, last year's "The X Factor" runner-up Olly Murs enters straight in at number one with his debut "Please Don't Let Me Go". The reality TV contestant managed to hold back Perry's song "Teenage Dream", which debuts at two, while last week's top track, "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz, is at three.
More Katy Perry News
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit