Katy Perry's 'Teenage Dream' Debuts Atop U.K. Charts
Katy Perry has scored her first number one album in the U.K. - "Teenage Dream" has debuted at the top of this week's charts. The pop star saw off competition from rapper Eminem, who is in second place with his hit album "Recovery", while Scottish rockers Biffy Clyro rocketed from number 27 to three with "Only Revolutions".
Mumford & Sons are at four with "Sigh No More", while Arcade Fire round out the top five with "The Suburbs".
Meanwhile, in the singles charts, last year's "The X Factor" runner-up Olly Murs enters straight in at number one with his debut "Please Don't Let Me Go". The reality TV contestant managed to hold back Perry's song "Teenage Dream", which debuts at two, while last week's top track, "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz, is at three.
More Katy Perry News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'