Katy Perry's 'Teenage Dream' Debuts Atop U.K. Charts
Katy Perry has scored her first number one album in the U.K. - "Teenage Dream" has debuted at the top of this week's charts. The pop star saw off competition from rapper Eminem, who is in second place with his hit album "Recovery", while Scottish rockers Biffy Clyro rocketed from number 27 to three with "Only Revolutions".
Mumford & Sons are at four with "Sigh No More", while Arcade Fire round out the top five with "The Suburbs".
Meanwhile, in the singles charts, last year's "The X Factor" runner-up Olly Murs enters straight in at number one with his debut "Please Don't Let Me Go". The reality TV contestant managed to hold back Perry's song "Teenage Dream", which debuts at two, while last week's top track, "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz, is at three.
More Katy Perry News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie