Joe Insists He Hit Michael Jackson for His Own Good
Michael Jackson's father Joe has no regrets about his superstar son's strict upbringing - insisting his discipline regime kept the singer out of jail and away from gang violence. The late King of Pop previously spoke of the Jackson patriarch's tough parenting and alleged Joe often hit him as a child.
But Joe is adamant he had to be tough for Jackson's own good. In an interview with Jacksonsecretvault.com, which will be shown in a movie to be co-produced by Katherine Jackson, Joe says, "I had to be like that because when raising him, in those days, so many gangs (were) out there getting into trouble, going to jail. Most of them are dead now. He didn't have to worry about that."
"No (I don't have any regrets). They tried to make a big issue when I spanked Michael or some of the kids, ya know? Just like they didn't spank their kids when they did wrong. The media twists everything."
More Michael Jackson News
- Drake Admits Nicki Minaj Was the Reason Behind His Meek Mill Feud
- 'The Walking Dead' Will Reveal Who Helped Daryl Escape the Sanctuary
- Beyonce Is Suffering From Bad Morning Sickness
- You're Not the Victim! Brad Pitt Blasts Angelina Jolie's Cambodian Interview
- Watch Migos' Energetic Performance of 'Bad and Boujee' on 'Ellen'
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'