Joe Insists He Hit Michael Jackson for His Own Good
Michael Jackson's father Joe has no regrets about his superstar son's strict upbringing - insisting his discipline regime kept the singer out of jail and away from gang violence. The late King of Pop previously spoke of the Jackson patriarch's tough parenting and alleged Joe often hit him as a child.
But Joe is adamant he had to be tough for Jackson's own good. In an interview with Jacksonsecretvault.com, which will be shown in a movie to be co-produced by Katherine Jackson, Joe says, "I had to be like that because when raising him, in those days, so many gangs (were) out there getting into trouble, going to jail. Most of them are dead now. He didn't have to worry about that."
"No (I don't have any regrets). They tried to make a big issue when I spanked Michael or some of the kids, ya know? Just like they didn't spank their kids when they did wrong. The media twists everything."
More Michael Jackson News
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'