Joe Insists He Hit Michael Jackson for His Own Good
Michael Jackson's father Joe has no regrets about his superstar son's strict upbringing - insisting his discipline regime kept the singer out of jail and away from gang violence. The late King of Pop previously spoke of the Jackson patriarch's tough parenting and alleged Joe often hit him as a child.
But Joe is adamant he had to be tough for Jackson's own good. In an interview with Jacksonsecretvault.com, which will be shown in a movie to be co-produced by Katherine Jackson, Joe says, "I had to be like that because when raising him, in those days, so many gangs (were) out there getting into trouble, going to jail. Most of them are dead now. He didn't have to worry about that."
"No (I don't have any regrets). They tried to make a big issue when I spanked Michael or some of the kids, ya know? Just like they didn't spank their kids when they did wrong. The media twists everything."
More Michael Jackson News
- Lady GaGa Hits Recording Studio With BloodPop, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker
- Derek Hough Confirms He's Back on 'Dancing with the Stars', Cheryl Burke Also Returns
- Ruby Rose Splits From Girlfriend Harley Gusman
- Ariana Grande Kisses Mac Miller and Sits on His Lap at VMAs After-Party
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs