Rep Confirms David Beckham's Beckingham Palace Is Up for Sale
David Beckham and Victoria Adams are taking steps to make their U.S. move even more permanent - they are putting their luxurious English mansion up for sale. The superstar couple is reportedly placing its property in Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire on the market for an estimated $27 million.
The Beckhams purchased the estate for $3.8 million in 1999 and the lavish home became known in the U.K. press as Beckingham Palace. But the stars are keen to offload the property after relocating to Los Angeles in 2007.
A source tells Britain's Sunday Mirror, "Frankly they cannot see themselves ever returning to make London their full-time base. The children are settled, speak with American accents and David and Victoria are immersed in the laid back Los Angeles way of life. They love it there - they're well liked, have plenty of friends and feel it's their spiritual home."
"Beckingham Palace takes a lot of looking after... It made them realize it was pointless having it. Victoria's design studio is in Battersea (south London) so when she's over for business she stays in Claridge's Hotel as it's more central. They spend a small fortune on London hotel bills and have a house an hour away sitting empty."
A spokesperson for the couple adds, "We can confirm David and Victoria have had their U.K. home valued."
More David Beckham News
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!