Rep Confirms David Beckham's Beckingham Palace Is Up for Sale
David Beckham and Victoria Adams are taking steps to make their U.S. move even more permanent - they are putting their luxurious English mansion up for sale. The superstar couple is reportedly placing its property in Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire on the market for an estimated $27 million.
The Beckhams purchased the estate for $3.8 million in 1999 and the lavish home became known in the U.K. press as Beckingham Palace. But the stars are keen to offload the property after relocating to Los Angeles in 2007.
A source tells Britain's Sunday Mirror, "Frankly they cannot see themselves ever returning to make London their full-time base. The children are settled, speak with American accents and David and Victoria are immersed in the laid back Los Angeles way of life. They love it there - they're well liked, have plenty of friends and feel it's their spiritual home."
"Beckingham Palace takes a lot of looking after... It made them realize it was pointless having it. Victoria's design studio is in Battersea (south London) so when she's over for business she stays in Claridge's Hotel as it's more central. They spend a small fortune on London hotel bills and have a house an hour away sitting empty."
A spokesperson for the couple adds, "We can confirm David and Victoria have had their U.K. home valued."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked