Morrissey Slammed for Calling Chinese 'Sub-Species'
Singer Morrissey has caused outrage by branding the Chinese a "sub-species" for their "horrific" treatment of animals. The animal rights campaigner and strict vegetarian has slammed the country for its bad track history of cruelty towards pets, insisting it can not be regarded as a "caring nation".
After responding to a news article detailing Chinese circuses and zoos, the former The Smiths frontman told Britain's The Guardian, "Did you see the thing on the news about their treatment of animals and animal welfare? Absolutely horrific. You can't help but feel that the Chinese are a sub-species."
The comments have infuriated heads at the Love Music Hate Racism campaign group, which Morrissey has supported in the past, and the group's national co-ordinator Martin Smith even claims they are unlikely to accept any further donations from the star because of the remarks.
He says, "It really is just crude racism. When you start using language like 'sub-species', you are entering into dark and murky water."
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off