James Morrison Grieving Father's Death
Singer James Morrison has been left devastated following the death of his father. The "You Give Me Something" hitmaker's dad Paul Catchpole, 60, was discovered slumped in a street near his home in Warwickshire, England but he passed away before paramedics could get him to a hospital.
Morrison has canceled a scheduled concert in New York so he can fly home for his dad's funeral on Monday, September 6. The singer has previously spoken of his dad's battle with alcohol addiction, admitting he would call him every week to "check if he's still alive".
A spokesperson from the singer's record company tells Britain's Daily Mail, "James is devastated. This came out of the blue."
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show