James Morrison Grieving Father's Death
Singer James Morrison has been left devastated following the death of his father. The "You Give Me Something" hitmaker's dad Paul Catchpole, 60, was discovered slumped in a street near his home in Warwickshire, England but he passed away before paramedics could get him to a hospital.
Morrison has canceled a scheduled concert in New York so he can fly home for his dad's funeral on Monday, September 6. The singer has previously spoken of his dad's battle with alcohol addiction, admitting he would call him every week to "check if he's still alive".
A spokesperson from the singer's record company tells Britain's Daily Mail, "James is devastated. This came out of the blue."
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia