Ne-Yo Tells T.I. to Ditch His Entourage to Keep Him Out of Trouble
R&B singer Ne-Yo has urged T.I. to ditch his entourage and clean up his act following the rapper's latest arrest for alleged drug possession. The "Whatever You Like" hitmaker, real name Clifford Harris, Jr., and his wife Tameka Cottle aka Tiny were taken into custody on Wednesday, September 1 after a traffic cop in West Hollywood reportedly smelled cannabis smoke coming from their vehicle during a routine stop.
The newly-married couple was booked on suspicion of possessing methamphetamines and released on $10,000 bail. The legal trouble comes just eight months after T.I. was released from prison for illegal weapons possession - and the latest drug arrest could land him in trouble with his probation officer.
And now clean-living hitmaker Ne-Yo has offered up his advice to T.I., urging the rap star to stay out of the headlines by taking a closer look at the company he keeps. He tells the Associated Press, "I just feel that he makes a lot of poor decisions when it comes to the people that he surrounds himself with. Nine times out of 10 when he gets in trouble, it's not him, it's the people that he's with."
And Ne-Yo hopes this month's arrest will make T.I. realise it's time to leave behind his bad boy ways to fully focus on his music comeback and fledgling Hollywood career. He says, "You've been given a bunch of different chances. Now is the time to really go, 'You know, I get it, all right, I get it'."
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March