Ne-Yo Tells T.I. to Ditch His Entourage to Keep Him Out of Trouble
R&B singer Ne-Yo has urged T.I. to ditch his entourage and clean up his act following the rapper's latest arrest for alleged drug possession. The "Whatever You Like" hitmaker, real name Clifford Harris, Jr., and his wife Tameka Cottle aka Tiny were taken into custody on Wednesday, September 1 after a traffic cop in West Hollywood reportedly smelled cannabis smoke coming from their vehicle during a routine stop.
The newly-married couple was booked on suspicion of possessing methamphetamines and released on $10,000 bail. The legal trouble comes just eight months after T.I. was released from prison for illegal weapons possession - and the latest drug arrest could land him in trouble with his probation officer.
And now clean-living hitmaker Ne-Yo has offered up his advice to T.I., urging the rap star to stay out of the headlines by taking a closer look at the company he keeps. He tells the Associated Press, "I just feel that he makes a lot of poor decisions when it comes to the people that he surrounds himself with. Nine times out of 10 when he gets in trouble, it's not him, it's the people that he's with."
And Ne-Yo hopes this month's arrest will make T.I. realise it's time to leave behind his bad boy ways to fully focus on his music comeback and fledgling Hollywood career. He says, "You've been given a bunch of different chances. Now is the time to really go, 'You know, I get it, all right, I get it'."
More Ne-Yo News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says