Paul Hogan Allowed to Leave Australia, Still Denying Any Wrongdoing Over Tax Issues
Paul Hogan has worked out a deal with Australian tax authorities allowing him to return to his home in Los Angeles. The "Crocodile Dundee" star had been barred from leaving the country over an unpaid multi-million dollar tax bill. He was served with an Australian Taxation Office order last month after jetting back to Sydney to attend his mother's funeral.
He was accused of using offshore bank accounts to conceal his earnings and was said to owe $32.1 million. The 70 year old's attorney reveals Hogan has since reached an agreement with officials during a "cordial and co-operative" meeting.
He says, "Mr Hogan is pleased to announce that the parties have reached agreement on terms... which will allow Mr Hogan to return to his family. While the Commissioner and Mr Hogan remain in dispute on more general taxation issues, Mr Hogan continues to protest his innocence and denies any wrongdoing."
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny