Paul Hogan Allowed to Leave Australia, Still Denying Any Wrongdoing Over Tax Issues
Paul Hogan has worked out a deal with Australian tax authorities allowing him to return to his home in Los Angeles. The "Crocodile Dundee" star had been barred from leaving the country over an unpaid multi-million dollar tax bill. He was served with an Australian Taxation Office order last month after jetting back to Sydney to attend his mother's funeral.
He was accused of using offshore bank accounts to conceal his earnings and was said to owe $32.1 million. The 70 year old's attorney reveals Hogan has since reached an agreement with officials during a "cordial and co-operative" meeting.
He says, "Mr Hogan is pleased to announce that the parties have reached agreement on terms... which will allow Mr Hogan to return to his family. While the Commissioner and Mr Hogan remain in dispute on more general taxation issues, Mr Hogan continues to protest his innocence and denies any wrongdoing."
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!