Paris Hilton's Latest Headache: $1 Million Lawsuit
Paris Hilton's personal problems are mounting - she's facing a massive pay-out to the investors of her 2006 film flop "Pledge This!" after a judge ruled she failed to properly promote the movie.
Bosses at Worldwide Entertainment Group sued Hilton and her company, Paris Hilton Entertainment, for breach of contract in 2008, claiming the socialite/actress failed to fulfill her promotional duties as the star of the movie - and demanded she pay back $1 million.
In a Miami, Florida court on Thursday, September 2, U.S. District Judge Federico Moreno ruled the 29 year old didn't live up to her contract by refusing interviews with publications in Russia and the United Kingdom. He declared Hilton could be liable for a payout after valuing the lost promotional opportunities at around $160,000, according to the Associated Press.
It's the latest legal hassle for Hilton, who is facing up to four years in prison after she was charged with possession of a controlled substance following her arrest in Las Vegas on Friday night.
More Paris Hilton News
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell