Paris Hilton's Latest Headache: $1 Million Lawsuit
Paris Hilton's personal problems are mounting - she's facing a massive pay-out to the investors of her 2006 film flop "Pledge This!" after a judge ruled she failed to properly promote the movie.
Bosses at Worldwide Entertainment Group sued Hilton and her company, Paris Hilton Entertainment, for breach of contract in 2008, claiming the socialite/actress failed to fulfill her promotional duties as the star of the movie - and demanded she pay back $1 million.
In a Miami, Florida court on Thursday, September 2, U.S. District Judge Federico Moreno ruled the 29 year old didn't live up to her contract by refusing interviews with publications in Russia and the United Kingdom. He declared Hilton could be liable for a payout after valuing the lost promotional opportunities at around $160,000, according to the Associated Press.
It's the latest legal hassle for Hilton, who is facing up to four years in prison after she was charged with possession of a controlled substance following her arrest in Las Vegas on Friday night.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?