Paris Hilton's Latest Headache: $1 Million Lawsuit
Paris Hilton's personal problems are mounting - she's facing a massive pay-out to the investors of her 2006 film flop "Pledge This!" after a judge ruled she failed to properly promote the movie.
Bosses at Worldwide Entertainment Group sued Hilton and her company, Paris Hilton Entertainment, for breach of contract in 2008, claiming the socialite/actress failed to fulfill her promotional duties as the star of the movie - and demanded she pay back $1 million.
In a Miami, Florida court on Thursday, September 2, U.S. District Judge Federico Moreno ruled the 29 year old didn't live up to her contract by refusing interviews with publications in Russia and the United Kingdom. He declared Hilton could be liable for a payout after valuing the lost promotional opportunities at around $160,000, according to the Associated Press.
It's the latest legal hassle for Hilton, who is facing up to four years in prison after she was charged with possession of a controlled substance following her arrest in Las Vegas on Friday night.
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie