Paris Hilton's Latest Headache: $1 Million Lawsuit
Paris Hilton's personal problems are mounting - she's facing a massive pay-out to the investors of her 2006 film flop "Pledge This!" after a judge ruled she failed to properly promote the movie.
Bosses at Worldwide Entertainment Group sued Hilton and her company, Paris Hilton Entertainment, for breach of contract in 2008, claiming the socialite/actress failed to fulfill her promotional duties as the star of the movie - and demanded she pay back $1 million.
In a Miami, Florida court on Thursday, September 2, U.S. District Judge Federico Moreno ruled the 29 year old didn't live up to her contract by refusing interviews with publications in Russia and the United Kingdom. He declared Hilton could be liable for a payout after valuing the lost promotional opportunities at around $160,000, according to the Associated Press.
It's the latest legal hassle for Hilton, who is facing up to four years in prison after she was charged with possession of a controlled substance following her arrest in Las Vegas on Friday night.
More Paris Hilton News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed