Claim: Lady GaGa Sick 'Physically and Mentally'
Lady GaGa was hospitalized six times in 2009 with the ill-effects of a string of drastic diets, according to her former tour manager. David Ciemny, who worked for the superstar from 2008 until last year, has gone public with his shocking claims in new book "Poker Face: The Rise and Rise of Lady GaGa", by Maureen Callahan.
He alleges the "Bad Romance" hitmaker went on crash diets after junk food binges - and even lost 20 pounds (9.1 kilograms) between the first and final fittings for a show outfit. Ciemny says, "When I say she was sick, I mean physically and mentally."
Talent scout Wendy Starland adds, "The pressure on her to lose weight was very high." The book is set to hit shelves on September 14.
More Lady GaGa News
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Walking Dead', 'Westworld', 'Supergirl' Top TV Winners
- Tyra Banks Is Reportedly Readying for Baby No. 2
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Flaunt Couple Rings Amid Rumors He Cheats on Her With 10 Women
- 'Castle Rock' Finds Its Female Lead in Melanie Lynskey
- Kendra Wilkinson Admits to Doing 'FaceTime Sex' With Husband Hank When in Long-Distance Relationship
- 'Big Brother' Season 19 Premiere: Biggest Twist Gets a Houseguest Evicted
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Enjoy Vacation in the Bahamas Amid Divorce
- Shia LaBeouf Flashes His Penis While Peeing at the Beach