Claim: Lady GaGa Sick 'Physically and Mentally'
Lady GaGa was hospitalized six times in 2009 with the ill-effects of a string of drastic diets, according to her former tour manager. David Ciemny, who worked for the superstar from 2008 until last year, has gone public with his shocking claims in new book "Poker Face: The Rise and Rise of Lady GaGa", by Maureen Callahan.
He alleges the "Bad Romance" hitmaker went on crash diets after junk food binges - and even lost 20 pounds (9.1 kilograms) between the first and final fittings for a show outfit. Ciemny says, "When I say she was sick, I mean physically and mentally."
Talent scout Wendy Starland adds, "The pressure on her to lose weight was very high." The book is set to hit shelves on September 14.
More Lady GaGa News
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington
- Like It or Not, Donald Trump's Inauguration Draws Second Biggest Ratings in 36 Years
- Madonna Defends 'Blowing Up the White House' Remark as Secret Service Is Planning to Investigate Her
- Is 'Once Upon a Time' Preparing a Musical Episode in Season 6?
- 'Split' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Hits $1 Billion Worldwide
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' Stays at No. 1, The xx's 'I See You' Nabs Second Place on Billboard 200
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video