Claim: Lady GaGa Sick 'Physically and Mentally'
Lady GaGa was hospitalized six times in 2009 with the ill-effects of a string of drastic diets, according to her former tour manager. David Ciemny, who worked for the superstar from 2008 until last year, has gone public with his shocking claims in new book "Poker Face: The Rise and Rise of Lady GaGa", by Maureen Callahan.
He alleges the "Bad Romance" hitmaker went on crash diets after junk food binges - and even lost 20 pounds (9.1 kilograms) between the first and final fittings for a show outfit. Ciemny says, "When I say she was sick, I mean physically and mentally."
Talent scout Wendy Starland adds, "The pressure on her to lose weight was very high." The book is set to hit shelves on September 14.
More Lady GaGa News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars