Bee Gees Star Robin Gibb Recovering After Stomach Surgery
Bee Gees star Robin Gibb is recovering after emergency stomach surgery, according to U.S. reports. The "Staying Alive" singer was allegedly rushed to hospital in August after suffering crippling belly aches. Family and friends feared it was the same health crisis that cost his twin brother Maurice his life seven years ago.
A source tells the Globe magazine, "The similarities with Maurice's tragic death were eerily worrying. Everyone was praying there wasn't something in their genes that made both twins susceptible to some deadly condition." Maurice suffered a cardiac arrest during emergency surgery to correct an intestinal blockage in January, 2003.
But Robin has been given the all-clear after undergoing gastrointestinal surgery. The source adds, "Thankfully he's home and feeling much better, but doctors are still examining test results. Robin was due to go on tour at the end of the year, but that's been put on hold... He's putting his health first."
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'