Deidre Hall Sues Fan Club Boss for 'Unauthorized Exploitation'
Emmy-nominated actress Deidre Hall has filed a lawsuit against the president of her internet fan club for "unauthorized exploitation" of her name and image. The former "Days of Our Lives" star accuses fan club president Cathleen Paradis, 45, of refusing to give her control of several internet domains Paradis set up while working for the actress before the relationship went sour.
In a federal lawsuit filed on Tuesday, August 31, Hall claims Paradis "refused, and continues to refuse to surrender the domain name deidrehall.com and other domain names on behalf of Hall, unless Hall pays her thousands of dollars." Hall also claims Paradis has continued "to use her image and likeness of the websites to generate internet traffic and sell unauthorised merchandise, including... private photographs of Hall and her minor children."
Hall is seeking unspecified monetary damages and possession of the domains.
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce