Deidre Hall Sues Fan Club Boss for 'Unauthorized Exploitation'
Emmy-nominated actress Deidre Hall has filed a lawsuit against the president of her internet fan club for "unauthorized exploitation" of her name and image. The former "Days of Our Lives" star accuses fan club president Cathleen Paradis, 45, of refusing to give her control of several internet domains Paradis set up while working for the actress before the relationship went sour.
In a federal lawsuit filed on Tuesday, August 31, Hall claims Paradis "refused, and continues to refuse to surrender the domain name deidrehall.com and other domain names on behalf of Hall, unless Hall pays her thousands of dollars." Hall also claims Paradis has continued "to use her image and likeness of the websites to generate internet traffic and sell unauthorised merchandise, including... private photographs of Hall and her minor children."
Hall is seeking unspecified monetary damages and possession of the domains.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service