Tony Blair: Bono Will Make Good President
Former British prime minister Tony Blair is convinced Irish rocker Bono could be running the world if he hadn't shunned politics for a career in rock music. The U2 frontman has spent years wading into political debates and has used his star status to secure meetings with a variety of influential public figures, including Blair, former U.S. president George W. Bush, and most recently enjoying afternoon tea with Russian leader Dmitry Medvedev.
But Blair is adamant the singer could have been a successful politician himself if he hadn't been drawn to music. In his new autobiography, "A Journey", Blair writes, "(Bono) could have been a president or prime minister standing on his head. He had an absolutely natural gift for politicking, was great with people, very smart and an inspirational speaker... motivated by an abundant desire to keep on improving, never really content or relaxed."
"I knew he would work with George (W. Bush) well, and with none of the prissy disdain of most of his ilk."
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier
- Here's Why 'Avengers 4' Doesn't Have a Title Yet
- Gucci Mane Brings Out A$AP Rocky, Chief Keef, 50 Cent and More at Coachella
- Alex Rodriguez Says His Relationship With Jennifer Lopez Is 'Moving in the Right Direction'