Tony Blair: Bono Will Make Good President
Former British prime minister Tony Blair is convinced Irish rocker Bono could be running the world if he hadn't shunned politics for a career in rock music. The U2 frontman has spent years wading into political debates and has used his star status to secure meetings with a variety of influential public figures, including Blair, former U.S. president George W. Bush, and most recently enjoying afternoon tea with Russian leader Dmitry Medvedev.
But Blair is adamant the singer could have been a successful politician himself if he hadn't been drawn to music. In his new autobiography, "A Journey", Blair writes, "(Bono) could have been a president or prime minister standing on his head. He had an absolutely natural gift for politicking, was great with people, very smart and an inspirational speaker... motivated by an abundant desire to keep on improving, never really content or relaxed."
"I knew he would work with George (W. Bush) well, and with none of the prissy disdain of most of his ilk."
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom