Tony Blair: Bono Will Make Good President
Former British prime minister Tony Blair is convinced Irish rocker Bono could be running the world if he hadn't shunned politics for a career in rock music. The U2 frontman has spent years wading into political debates and has used his star status to secure meetings with a variety of influential public figures, including Blair, former U.S. president George W. Bush, and most recently enjoying afternoon tea with Russian leader Dmitry Medvedev.
But Blair is adamant the singer could have been a successful politician himself if he hadn't been drawn to music. In his new autobiography, "A Journey", Blair writes, "(Bono) could have been a president or prime minister standing on his head. He had an absolutely natural gift for politicking, was great with people, very smart and an inspirational speaker... motivated by an abundant desire to keep on improving, never really content or relaxed."
"I knew he would work with George (W. Bush) well, and with none of the prissy disdain of most of his ilk."
More Bono News
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting