Corey Taylor Paid a Slipknot Fan to Leave Stone Sour's Gig
Rocker Corey Taylor paid an audience member to walk out of a gig by Stone Sour - because the man kept demanding to hear Slipknot songs. The singer formed Stone Sour in 1992 but it was put on hiatus five years later when he and guitarist Jim Root left to join Slipknot.
They reformed in 2002 but the reunion was blighted by Taylor and Root's "other" band - because most fans wanted to see Slipknot instead. Taylor tells Metal Hammer magazine, "Playing gigs where three-quarters of the audience are screaming 'Slipknot!' and you're just like, 'If you're here for that then you're at the wrong gig'."
"I can remember pulling money out of my pocket onstage and giving it to someone at the front and having security escort them out. If you don't want to be here and you want your money back, then here you f**king go, now get out, you're gone."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked