Corey Taylor Paid a Slipknot Fan to Leave Stone Sour's Gig
Rocker Corey Taylor paid an audience member to walk out of a gig by Stone Sour - because the man kept demanding to hear Slipknot songs. The singer formed Stone Sour in 1992 but it was put on hiatus five years later when he and guitarist Jim Root left to join Slipknot.
They reformed in 2002 but the reunion was blighted by Taylor and Root's "other" band - because most fans wanted to see Slipknot instead. Taylor tells Metal Hammer magazine, "Playing gigs where three-quarters of the audience are screaming 'Slipknot!' and you're just like, 'If you're here for that then you're at the wrong gig'."
"I can remember pulling money out of my pocket onstage and giving it to someone at the front and having security escort them out. If you don't want to be here and you want your money back, then here you f**king go, now get out, you're gone."
- Lady Antebellum Will Make You Dance With Their Cover of JT's 'Can't Stop the Feeling!'
- 'Tallulah' Trailer: Ellen Page and Allison Janney Raise a Kidnapped Child
- 'Lost in Space' Reboot Ordered to Series by Netflix
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna's Baby's Sex Reportedly Revealed. A Boy or a Girl?
- Rihanna Previews 'Sledgehammer' Video Before Premiering It in Full in IMAX
- Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban's Surrogacy Plan for Baby No. 3 Opposed by Their Church
- Hard Work Pays Off! Kourtney Kardashian Displays Her Rock-Hard Abs in Sexy Bikini
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series