Michael Bay Offers $50,000 for Identity of Puppies Thrower
"Transformers" director Michael Bay has offered a $50,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of a girl who was filmed throwing puppies into a river. The video, which shows a young girl scooping the dogs out of a bucket and hurling them into the water to drown, spread across the internet this week and sparked outrage.
Little is known about the nameless young woman in the video, and Hollywood director Bay is offering a huge sum of money to assist officials in tracking her down. A post on Bay's official website reads, "There is a disturbing video going around the news outlets. It's a video of a blonde young woman in a red sweatshirt casually tossing squealing puppies into the fast-moving river one by one."
"Michael Bay has informed me that he is offering a $50,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and successful prosecution of the woman in the red sweatshirt and the person who shot this act of cruelty."
An apology purportedly from the girl in the video was posted on YouTube.com on Wednesday, September 1.
- Kate Winslet Opens Up About Being Fat-Shamed as a Child: 'They Called Me Blubber'
- Justin Bieber and Koutney Kardashian Secretly Hooking Up in 'Love Nest'
- First Possible 'Marvel's Defenders' Art Promo and Logo Arrive Online
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Meet Anthony Hopkins' Sidekick in New 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Motion Posters
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors