George Clooney: Quitting Hollywood Has Changed My Life
George Clooney's decision to buy a villa in Lake Como revolutionized his outlook on life - because the actor was too caught up in the Hollywood machine before he made the move to Europe. The "Ocean's Eleven" star's base has always been in Los Angeles for his filming commitments but he bought a multi-million dollar mansion just outside the town of Laglio, Italy as an investment.
Clooney fell in love with the tranquil area after spending long periods of time there - and started to focus more on his personal life and relationships than on his work. He tells Britain's The Sun, "I was working so hard on my film projects that for a time I basically didn't even think very much about how my personal life was evolving. I didn't care, in the sense that I didn't have a family or children to look after and that I wasn't involved in a long-term relationship."
"What changed my life in a very pleasant and unexpected way was buying the villa in Laglio. That was a pure investment decision - I thought maybe I would spend a few weeks vacationing there. But then I realized how beautiful life was in Italy and how it really helped calm me and not feel so pressured."
More George Clooney News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns