George Clooney: Quitting Hollywood Has Changed My Life
George Clooney's decision to buy a villa in Lake Como revolutionized his outlook on life - because the actor was too caught up in the Hollywood machine before he made the move to Europe. The "Ocean's Eleven" star's base has always been in Los Angeles for his filming commitments but he bought a multi-million dollar mansion just outside the town of Laglio, Italy as an investment.
Clooney fell in love with the tranquil area after spending long periods of time there - and started to focus more on his personal life and relationships than on his work. He tells Britain's The Sun, "I was working so hard on my film projects that for a time I basically didn't even think very much about how my personal life was evolving. I didn't care, in the sense that I didn't have a family or children to look after and that I wasn't involved in a long-term relationship."
"What changed my life in a very pleasant and unexpected way was buying the villa in Laglio. That was a pure investment decision - I thought maybe I would spend a few weeks vacationing there. But then I realized how beautiful life was in Italy and how it really helped calm me and not feel so pressured."
More George Clooney News
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?