Celine Dion Upset Over False Pregnancy Complication Rumor
Celine Dion's publicist has reacted quickly to dismiss French reports suggesting the pregnant singer has suffered a major health setback. The star, who is expecting twin boys in November, was said to have been taken to hospital following pregnancy complications, but Dion's rep insists the report is "completely fabricated".
The unnamed aide tells People.com, "She's never been in the hospital. Her pregnancy continues to be healthy and she feels fantastic. "(Celine and her husband Rene Angelil) have gotten calls from friends worried that something is wrong. To be so happy and then to get these calls, it's been upsetting for them when they are in such a good place."
The website reports Dion has so far gained 33 pounds during her pregnancy, and credits her good health to regular acupuncture treatments and plenty of rest. Her rep adds, "As with most women expecting multiples, her doctor wants her to stay off her feet as much as possible as she finishes her pregnancy."
The singer suffered a miscarriage last year as she attempted to carry her second child to term. Dion and Angelil have a nine-year-old son, called Rene Charles.
More Celine Dion News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent