Celine Dion Upset Over False Pregnancy Complication Rumor
Celine Dion's publicist has reacted quickly to dismiss French reports suggesting the pregnant singer has suffered a major health setback. The star, who is expecting twin boys in November, was said to have been taken to hospital following pregnancy complications, but Dion's rep insists the report is "completely fabricated".
The unnamed aide tells People.com, "She's never been in the hospital. Her pregnancy continues to be healthy and she feels fantastic. "(Celine and her husband Rene Angelil) have gotten calls from friends worried that something is wrong. To be so happy and then to get these calls, it's been upsetting for them when they are in such a good place."
The website reports Dion has so far gained 33 pounds during her pregnancy, and credits her good health to regular acupuncture treatments and plenty of rest. Her rep adds, "As with most women expecting multiples, her doctor wants her to stay off her feet as much as possible as she finishes her pregnancy."
The singer suffered a miscarriage last year as she attempted to carry her second child to term. Dion and Angelil have a nine-year-old son, called Rene Charles.
More Celine Dion News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7