Celine Dion Upset Over False Pregnancy Complication Rumor
Celine Dion's publicist has reacted quickly to dismiss French reports suggesting the pregnant singer has suffered a major health setback. The star, who is expecting twin boys in November, was said to have been taken to hospital following pregnancy complications, but Dion's rep insists the report is "completely fabricated".
The unnamed aide tells People.com, "She's never been in the hospital. Her pregnancy continues to be healthy and she feels fantastic. "(Celine and her husband Rene Angelil) have gotten calls from friends worried that something is wrong. To be so happy and then to get these calls, it's been upsetting for them when they are in such a good place."
The website reports Dion has so far gained 33 pounds during her pregnancy, and credits her good health to regular acupuncture treatments and plenty of rest. Her rep adds, "As with most women expecting multiples, her doctor wants her to stay off her feet as much as possible as she finishes her pregnancy."
The singer suffered a miscarriage last year as she attempted to carry her second child to term. Dion and Angelil have a nine-year-old son, called Rene Charles.
More Celine Dion News
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'