Michael Jackson's Brother Donates $60,000 for Desperate Patient's Surgery
Michael Jackson's brother Randy Jackson has kept his promise to a desperate Childrens Hospital Los Angeles patient by personally donating $60,000 to pay for her medical bills. The generous Jackson was touched by the plight of 11-year-old Treasure Dearsaw, who suffers from a vascular malformation which has resulted in the swelling of her tongue.
The youngster needed the cash so that doctors could operate on her and save her life. The surgery took place on Tuesday, August 31 and Jackson tells X17online that it was a "huge success". He says, "Treasure's a beautiful child, and it was God's plan for me to help out. This is the least I can do. She deserves to be happy."
Treasure's mom, Chelsa Dearsaw, tells the site that her young daughter is afraid she's going to die. On this, Jackson responds, "No child should be afraid that they're going to die. It breaks my heart to see her suffering like that."
Randy Jackson and Treasure Dearsaw:
More Michael Jackson News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl