Michael Jackson's Brother Donates $60,000 for Desperate Patient's Surgery
Michael Jackson's brother Randy Jackson has kept his promise to a desperate Childrens Hospital Los Angeles patient by personally donating $60,000 to pay for her medical bills. The generous Jackson was touched by the plight of 11-year-old Treasure Dearsaw, who suffers from a vascular malformation which has resulted in the swelling of her tongue.
The youngster needed the cash so that doctors could operate on her and save her life. The surgery took place on Tuesday, August 31 and Jackson tells X17online that it was a "huge success". He says, "Treasure's a beautiful child, and it was God's plan for me to help out. This is the least I can do. She deserves to be happy."
Treasure's mom, Chelsa Dearsaw, tells the site that her young daughter is afraid she's going to die. On this, Jackson responds, "No child should be afraid that they're going to die. It breaks my heart to see her suffering like that."
Randy Jackson and Treasure Dearsaw:
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'