Video: Tennis Ace Victoria Azarenka Collapsed at U.S. Open
Drama has hit the U.S. Open tennis tournament in New York on Wednesday, September 1 after the event's number 10 seed, Victoria Azarenka, collapsed on court and had to retire from her game against Gisela Dulko. The Belarus tennis ace briefly stumbled while attempting to serve to her opponent early on in the game but she composed herself and carried on.
She then collapsed minutes later and had to be helped into a wheelchair and taken off the court. Dulko was ruled the winner of the game after Azarenka was forced to retire. It is not known what caused the tennis player to collapse - but the current U.S. Open is being played during a heatwave in New York.
Azarenka retired in similar circumstances during an Australian Open match against Serena Williams in 2009. The tennis player is currently recovering in a local hospital.
Victoria Azarenka Collapsed at U.S. Open:
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!