Video: Tennis Ace Victoria Azarenka Collapsed at U.S. Open
Drama has hit the U.S. Open tennis tournament in New York on Wednesday, September 1 after the event's number 10 seed, Victoria Azarenka, collapsed on court and had to retire from her game against Gisela Dulko. The Belarus tennis ace briefly stumbled while attempting to serve to her opponent early on in the game but she composed herself and carried on.
She then collapsed minutes later and had to be helped into a wheelchair and taken off the court. Dulko was ruled the winner of the game after Azarenka was forced to retire. It is not known what caused the tennis player to collapse - but the current U.S. Open is being played during a heatwave in New York.
Azarenka retired in similar circumstances during an Australian Open match against Serena Williams in 2009. The tennis player is currently recovering in a local hospital.
Victoria Azarenka Collapsed at U.S. Open:
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes