Video: Tennis Ace Victoria Azarenka Collapsed at U.S. Open
Drama has hit the U.S. Open tennis tournament in New York on Wednesday, September 1 after the event's number 10 seed, Victoria Azarenka, collapsed on court and had to retire from her game against Gisela Dulko. The Belarus tennis ace briefly stumbled while attempting to serve to her opponent early on in the game but she composed herself and carried on.
She then collapsed minutes later and had to be helped into a wheelchair and taken off the court. Dulko was ruled the winner of the game after Azarenka was forced to retire. It is not known what caused the tennis player to collapse - but the current U.S. Open is being played during a heatwave in New York.
Azarenka retired in similar circumstances during an Australian Open match against Serena Williams in 2009. The tennis player is currently recovering in a local hospital.
Victoria Azarenka Collapsed at U.S. Open:
More Serena Williams News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers