Video: Tennis Ace Victoria Azarenka Collapsed at U.S. Open
Drama has hit the U.S. Open tennis tournament in New York on Wednesday, September 1 after the event's number 10 seed, Victoria Azarenka, collapsed on court and had to retire from her game against Gisela Dulko. The Belarus tennis ace briefly stumbled while attempting to serve to her opponent early on in the game but she composed herself and carried on.
She then collapsed minutes later and had to be helped into a wheelchair and taken off the court. Dulko was ruled the winner of the game after Azarenka was forced to retire. It is not known what caused the tennis player to collapse - but the current U.S. Open is being played during a heatwave in New York.
Azarenka retired in similar circumstances during an Australian Open match against Serena Williams in 2009. The tennis player is currently recovering in a local hospital.
Victoria Azarenka Collapsed at U.S. Open:
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single