Nicolas Cage 'Is Happy' After Settling Suit With Accountant
Nicolas Cage has settled a lawsuit with the accountant he accused of sending him "down a path of financial ruin". The actor filed suit against Samuel Levin in October, 2009, alleging the business manager misled him and overcharged for his services.
The accusations stemmed from a $6.26 million (GBP4.2 million) tax lien Cage had been handed by America's Internal Revenue Service (IRS), alleging he failed to pay income tax on wages dating back to 2007. Cage also faced other claims of unpaid tax related to his earnings between 2002 and 2004, while he was accused of defaulting on a $2 million (GBP1.3 million) loan in 2009.
Levin filed a countersuit, claiming Cage squandered his cash on homes and luxury cars and was to blame for his financial missteps.
However, new court documents obtained by TMZ.com show the pair reached a settlement on Monday, August 30. Terms of the deal are confidential, but a source tells the site, "Nic is happy that it is resolved."
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full