Nicolas Cage 'Is Happy' After Settling Suit With Accountant
Nicolas Cage has settled a lawsuit with the accountant he accused of sending him "down a path of financial ruin". The actor filed suit against Samuel Levin in October, 2009, alleging the business manager misled him and overcharged for his services.
The accusations stemmed from a $6.26 million (GBP4.2 million) tax lien Cage had been handed by America's Internal Revenue Service (IRS), alleging he failed to pay income tax on wages dating back to 2007. Cage also faced other claims of unpaid tax related to his earnings between 2002 and 2004, while he was accused of defaulting on a $2 million (GBP1.3 million) loan in 2009.
Levin filed a countersuit, claiming Cage squandered his cash on homes and luxury cars and was to blame for his financial missteps.
However, new court documents obtained by TMZ.com show the pair reached a settlement on Monday, August 30. Terms of the deal are confidential, but a source tells the site, "Nic is happy that it is resolved."
More Nicolas Cage News
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'