Nicolas Cage 'Is Happy' After Settling Suit With Accountant
Nicolas Cage has settled a lawsuit with the accountant he accused of sending him "down a path of financial ruin". The actor filed suit against Samuel Levin in October, 2009, alleging the business manager misled him and overcharged for his services.
The accusations stemmed from a $6.26 million (GBP4.2 million) tax lien Cage had been handed by America's Internal Revenue Service (IRS), alleging he failed to pay income tax on wages dating back to 2007. Cage also faced other claims of unpaid tax related to his earnings between 2002 and 2004, while he was accused of defaulting on a $2 million (GBP1.3 million) loan in 2009.
Levin filed a countersuit, claiming Cage squandered his cash on homes and luxury cars and was to blame for his financial missteps.
However, new court documents obtained by TMZ.com show the pair reached a settlement on Monday, August 30. Terms of the deal are confidential, but a source tells the site, "Nic is happy that it is resolved."
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!