Nicolas Cage 'Is Happy' After Settling Suit With Accountant
Nicolas Cage has settled a lawsuit with the accountant he accused of sending him "down a path of financial ruin". The actor filed suit against Samuel Levin in October, 2009, alleging the business manager misled him and overcharged for his services.
The accusations stemmed from a $6.26 million (GBP4.2 million) tax lien Cage had been handed by America's Internal Revenue Service (IRS), alleging he failed to pay income tax on wages dating back to 2007. Cage also faced other claims of unpaid tax related to his earnings between 2002 and 2004, while he was accused of defaulting on a $2 million (GBP1.3 million) loan in 2009.
Levin filed a countersuit, claiming Cage squandered his cash on homes and luxury cars and was to blame for his financial missteps.
However, new court documents obtained by TMZ.com show the pair reached a settlement on Monday, August 30. Terms of the deal are confidential, but a source tells the site, "Nic is happy that it is resolved."
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'