Nicolas Cage 'Is Happy' After Settling Suit With Accountant
Nicolas Cage has settled a lawsuit with the accountant he accused of sending him "down a path of financial ruin". The actor filed suit against Samuel Levin in October, 2009, alleging the business manager misled him and overcharged for his services.
The accusations stemmed from a $6.26 million (GBP4.2 million) tax lien Cage had been handed by America's Internal Revenue Service (IRS), alleging he failed to pay income tax on wages dating back to 2007. Cage also faced other claims of unpaid tax related to his earnings between 2002 and 2004, while he was accused of defaulting on a $2 million (GBP1.3 million) loan in 2009.
Levin filed a countersuit, claiming Cage squandered his cash on homes and luxury cars and was to blame for his financial missteps.
However, new court documents obtained by TMZ.com show the pair reached a settlement on Monday, August 30. Terms of the deal are confidential, but a source tells the site, "Nic is happy that it is resolved."
More Nicolas Cage News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding