For the First Time, Catherine Zeta-Jones Speaks of Husband's Cancer
Catherine Zeta-Jones has spoken for the first time about her husband Michael Douglas' throat cancer diagnosis - insisting she is "furious" doctors didn't spot the tumor earlier. Douglas announced the news of his health battle last month and in his first interview since his diagnosis, the actor revealed the illness was overlooked by several doctors before he was eventually told he had "stage four" cancer.
And Zeta-Jones insists she's struggling to forgive the medics who misdiagnosed her partner's sore throat. She tells People magazine, "It makes me furious they didn't detect it earlier. He sought every option and nothing was found... It wasn't a huge shock. I knew something was up. He knew something was up."
The Welsh actress also admits she's attempting to stay "strong" for her husband as he begins treatment. She adds, "I know maybe I should be stronger, but emotionally I just don't want to see that. The hardest part is seeing his fatigue, because Michael is never tired... If there's anything Michael has, it's strength."
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date