For the First Time, Catherine Zeta-Jones Speaks of Husband's Cancer
Catherine Zeta-Jones has spoken for the first time about her husband Michael Douglas' throat cancer diagnosis - insisting she is "furious" doctors didn't spot the tumor earlier. Douglas announced the news of his health battle last month and in his first interview since his diagnosis, the actor revealed the illness was overlooked by several doctors before he was eventually told he had "stage four" cancer.
And Zeta-Jones insists she's struggling to forgive the medics who misdiagnosed her partner's sore throat. She tells People magazine, "It makes me furious they didn't detect it earlier. He sought every option and nothing was found... It wasn't a huge shock. I knew something was up. He knew something was up."
The Welsh actress also admits she's attempting to stay "strong" for her husband as he begins treatment. She adds, "I know maybe I should be stronger, but emotionally I just don't want to see that. The hardest part is seeing his fatigue, because Michael is never tired... If there's anything Michael has, it's strength."
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding