For the First Time, Catherine Zeta-Jones Speaks of Husband's Cancer
Catherine Zeta-Jones has spoken for the first time about her husband Michael Douglas' throat cancer diagnosis - insisting she is "furious" doctors didn't spot the tumor earlier. Douglas announced the news of his health battle last month and in his first interview since his diagnosis, the actor revealed the illness was overlooked by several doctors before he was eventually told he had "stage four" cancer.
And Zeta-Jones insists she's struggling to forgive the medics who misdiagnosed her partner's sore throat. She tells People magazine, "It makes me furious they didn't detect it earlier. He sought every option and nothing was found... It wasn't a huge shock. I knew something was up. He knew something was up."
The Welsh actress also admits she's attempting to stay "strong" for her husband as he begins treatment. She adds, "I know maybe I should be stronger, but emotionally I just don't want to see that. The hardest part is seeing his fatigue, because Michael is never tired... If there's anything Michael has, it's strength."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby