For the First Time, Catherine Zeta-Jones Speaks of Husband's Cancer
Catherine Zeta-Jones has spoken for the first time about her husband Michael Douglas' throat cancer diagnosis - insisting she is "furious" doctors didn't spot the tumor earlier. Douglas announced the news of his health battle last month and in his first interview since his diagnosis, the actor revealed the illness was overlooked by several doctors before he was eventually told he had "stage four" cancer.
And Zeta-Jones insists she's struggling to forgive the medics who misdiagnosed her partner's sore throat. She tells People magazine, "It makes me furious they didn't detect it earlier. He sought every option and nothing was found... It wasn't a huge shock. I knew something was up. He knew something was up."
The Welsh actress also admits she's attempting to stay "strong" for her husband as he begins treatment. She adds, "I know maybe I should be stronger, but emotionally I just don't want to see that. The hardest part is seeing his fatigue, because Michael is never tired... If there's anything Michael has, it's strength."
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart