For the First Time, Catherine Zeta-Jones Speaks of Husband's Cancer
Catherine Zeta-Jones has spoken for the first time about her husband Michael Douglas' throat cancer diagnosis - insisting she is "furious" doctors didn't spot the tumor earlier. Douglas announced the news of his health battle last month and in his first interview since his diagnosis, the actor revealed the illness was overlooked by several doctors before he was eventually told he had "stage four" cancer.
And Zeta-Jones insists she's struggling to forgive the medics who misdiagnosed her partner's sore throat. She tells People magazine, "It makes me furious they didn't detect it earlier. He sought every option and nothing was found... It wasn't a huge shock. I knew something was up. He knew something was up."
The Welsh actress also admits she's attempting to stay "strong" for her husband as he begins treatment. She adds, "I know maybe I should be stronger, but emotionally I just don't want to see that. The hardest part is seeing his fatigue, because Michael is never tired... If there's anything Michael has, it's strength."
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna