Michael Lohan Moves to L.A. to Rebuild Shattered Relationship With Lindsay
Lindsay Lohan's father Michael is determined to rebuild his shattered relationship with his actress daughter - he's moving 2,400 miles to be closer to her. Michael Lohan last month urged the troubled 24 year old to return to her native New York once she completed her court-ordered stint in rehab, insisting she can only put her problems behind her if she cuts herself off from Hollywood's partying lifestyle.
The "Mean Girls" star appears to have shunned his advice by staying in California - so Michael has jetted to Los Angeles from his home in the Big Apple to look for a permanent residence. He has contacted a real estate agent and is hunting for a property in the city so he can support his daughter as she attends therapy sessions, according to TMZ.com.
And Michael is adamant the pair's relationship only fell apart because her mother, his ex-wife Dina, drove "wedges" between them. He tells the website, "If wedges hadn't been put between us and people didn't use children as pawns, a lot of the problems suffered by children wouldn't happen."
The actress recently blamed her father for causing her personal problems, telling Vanity Fair magazine, "I think my biggest focus for myself is learning how to continue to get through the trauma that my father has caused in my life."
Lindsay was sentenced to 90 days in jail in July for breaching her probation relating to a 2007 DUI arrest, and was ordered to undergo 90 days in rehab after leaving prison.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding